Posts: 116 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ OC, CA
Just picked up mine today. The Mission Viejo CompUSA had about 4 in stock.

Woah I've had my N880 a whole day, went on the "homepage", and nokia already has an update for me......

yep. OS 2007 edition v. 2.2006.51-6 is now available! I'm downloading it now......supposedly it provides "Nokia Internet Call Invitation (Beta) feature..new feature for easy internet calling between Nokia N800 and PC users; also calls between two N800s are supported...a simple wizard through which N800 users can smoothly invite their friends to free-of-charge internet video or voice calls by chat or email......", Bluetooth connection on/off enabler, and Improvements in finger usage, among other improvements"

and I am positive that those other improvements will include support for my thinkoutside stowaway bluetooth keyboard, divx and xvid codec support, and the almightly magical ability for the N880 to run maemomapper (rendering hopelessly needless the proprietary "navicore")

oop sarcastometer overload..

dcarter

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Just to let you know Ebay has one seller selling N800's for $359.99 +$14 shipping... If you are in NY then you need to add sales tax....

I wasn't planning to buy N800 now but I think the price above was too good to pass by...

There are still 24 more left for purchase, if anyone interested.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'd be careful with units on eBay at this point. They may be preproduction units.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I'd be careful with units on eBay at this point. They may be preproduction units.
Might very well be, but so do all the CompUSA store units at this point? It still come with full manufacturer's warranty...

No, the CompUSA devices are production. But any devices which are already on eBay, especially in significant numbers from a single vendor, are suspect.

We'll see... the seller is not a "small" retailer, just take a look at their store:
http://stores.ebay.com/Datavision-Computer-Video

Texrat: Do you have insider information to who Nokia has made shipments of the preproduction units? Is there any specific country/factory where pre-production units have been built?

Any chance to tell by looking at the serial number of the unit? (I think it is the MAC address but each factory must have been assigned different MAC address range to use, and can be tracked back to the factory.

I can't give out that info, sorry.

It's also possible that some inside orders were leaked to an external vendor. But again, I have good reason to be suspicious at this point of ANY N800s on eBay.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
So someone else tell me: what definitvely says there will never be a 2007 OS for the 770? Is that just an assumption? Because I don't have any further info on that particular subject.
Ari Jaaksi blog, as far as I remember, reports it quite clearly

It's also possible that some inside orders were leaked to an external vendor. But again, I have good reason to be suspicious at this point of ANY N800s on eBay.
At least the seller says they are authorized reseller and they have other expensive Nokia phones on sale as well... Looks to me legitimate Nokia reseller?

Anyway, I do not really care if it is pre-production unit as long as it works fine. Any reason to believe it is somehow defective?