Active Topics

Hi,
I am trying to open a list of images using the image-viewer. I have tried this:

/usr/bin/dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.image_viewer /com/nokia/image_viewer com.nokia.image_viewer.mime_open string:file://{file1,file2,file3}

this:

/usr/bin/dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.image_viewer /com/nokia/image_viewer com.nokia.image_viewer.mime_open string:file://{file1,file2,file3}

this:

/usr/bin/dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.image_viewer /com/nokia/image_viewer com.nokia.image_viewer.mime_open string:file:///dir/{file1,file2,file3}

without success. The third form works for the mediaplayer application... I even tried this:

/usr/bin/dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.image_viewer /com/nokia/image_viewer com.nokia.image_viewer.mime_open string:file:///dir/{file1}

without success either. The only thing that works is:

/usr/bin/dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.image_viewer /com/nokia/image_viewer com.nokia.image_viewer.mime_open string:file:///file1

that is, with 1 file. But this is not useful to me, I need to open a list of files. How to do it?

Thanks!!!

Cheers,
L.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luis For This Useful Post:
I was researching this b/c I had what I thought was a similar need from a user perspective. If I had my N810 and someone asked me if I had any photos of my kids, I wanted to be able to press two buttons and have it up on my screen in a non-anti-social amount of time.

Your last syntax was exactly what I wanted for Personal Menu. It opens one photo, but then I can scroll through the rest of images in that folder. So I guess you could say that I created my "list" by putting all the relevant files in the same folder. I'm not not aware that Image Viewer has any other "list" concept or way of iterating through photos.

Last edited by buurmas; 2009-10-16 at 19:45. Reason: just realized this was a development question

Hi,

if you are developing in C/C++ you could include the hildon-mime.h header, which is placed in (/usr/include) and use this method:

Code:
gint               hildon_mime_open_file_list (DBusConnection     *con, GSList             *files);
Cheers Daniel

The Following User Says Thank You to danielwilms For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I don't know if it can open multiple images, but the display command from the imagemagick package also displays images via command line and it works for me instead of a complex dbus command.

qiet72

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
so what could i use to put in dbus switchboard to open an image, but to then be able to swipe through the rest of the images in the same folder as the one i opened. i tried the one above but it says file format not supported, how could i modify it to work.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
You need to give the actual name of a file like so:

Code:
/usr/bin/dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.image_viewer /com/nokia/image_viewer com.nokia.image_viewer.mime_open string:file:///media/mmc1/DCIM/p100001.jpg
However this only shows a single photo, even if in the image viewer you backup into the directory it will only list that single specified photo.

What you need to do is give it a directory:

Code:
/usr/bin/dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.image_viewer /com/nokia/image_viewer com.nokia.image_viewer.mime_open string:file:///media/mmc1/DCIM/
Then when image viewer appears you need to swipe it once or twice to actually get it to start displaying the photos, otherwise it will just sit there pretending to be busy.

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Where do I live?
I have just taken the code and optimized it into a small shell script. You can check it out here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cHeXs7eR For This Useful Post: