Quim Gil has just posted his Maemo LinuxTag Update slides. I would have wanted to hear what he had to say about Diablo, Fremantle, and Harmattan but I guess this slide says a lot: maemo.org is also hosting a brainstorm session for the next ten days to talks about the future of maemo.org. It aims to consolidate feedback from developers and end-users to draft its mid-term goals and eventually become the community proposal of the maemo.org product strategty. Two Wiki pages have been setup so everyone can add their ideas, suggest, and even complain. Head on to the wiki and let your voice be heard!    The Next 100 Days of maemo.org     maemo.org in 2010
Read the full article.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Seems like the two Wikis already grow in size quite fast.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Seems like the two Wikis already grow in size quite fast.
Ah, but the discussion page for 100Days may still be larger than the page itself. I think someone missed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Nah, its not that large

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Remember to keep the discussion to the discussion pages, and I'll ask everybody to do two things.
  1. Login (Garage logins work fine) for edits and be sure to sign your comments on the discussion page (~~~~).
  2. When adding a new topic to the discussion page, ADD A NEW TOPIC. The little + button at the top of the page will help you quickly and easily add a new topic.

Please see Wikipedia's Talk Page guidelines for more information.

If you choose not to follow these guidelines and suggestions, it makes trouble for everybody and reduces the effectiveness of this brainstorming session.

Last edited by GeneralAntilles; 2008-05-29 at 19:58.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Mhm... Am I the only one who thinks "100 days" and "2010" are two very extreme options? I have ideas that I dont realistically think can be implemented within 100 days... still, having them in 2010 would be far too late.

given those two options only: would you consider it appropriate to still have them in the "100 days"-page just to state that it should happen as soon as possible? what do you think?

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Also, keep things on-topic. This is not the place to ask for whizzy new hardware, including masses amount of internal storage.

Similarly, don't ask for end-user applications - unless there's a good reason why it needs to be tied into the underlying OS (e.g. contact integration as part of a PIM suite).

Don't put things in the 100 days which isn't feasible in 3 months. Don't put things there that you're not willing to help with, either. ("Wouldn't it be good if someone rewrote everything so it was better" is not helpful)

Keeping some focus would help. If you're unsure, put it in - or ask here or on #maemo first - but don't be upset if it gets cleaned up, and possibly removed, by someone else at a later point :-)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Probably will be best there, 2010 is for long-term changes.

Andrew, I think the software is not for there too, since the page is titled Maemo.org in 2010.

I've added some of your guides to the wiki. thanks.

Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Also, keep things on-topic. This is not the place to ask for whizzy new hardware, including masses amount of internal storage.

Similarly, don't ask for end-user applications - unless there's a good reason why it needs to be tied into the underlying OS (e.g. contact integration as part of a PIM suite).

Don't put things in the 100 days which isn't feasible in 3 months. Don't put things there that you're not willing to help with, either. ("Wouldn't it be good if someone rewrote everything so it was better" is not helpful)

Keeping some focus would help. If you're unsure, put it in - or ask here or on #maemo first - but don't be upset if it gets cleaned up, and possibly removed, by someone else at a later point :-)