Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
So your device cannot handle ideal profile. BTW which kernel version did you install? If it is >= KP49, try using "default" profile or "dsp" profile.
my n900 dont reboot when i increase the speed ... i think that's mean the device can handle it
and i'm using the latest version (KP50)

Last edited by hadi43; 2012-04-08 at 04:17.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Also, [development] section doesn't seem to be best for such usage questions.
Originally Posted by hadi43 View Post
my n900 dont reboot when i increase the speed ... i think that's mean the device can handle it
and i'm using the latest version (KP50)
As it doesn't seem to get into proper address last time, 2nd try - GTFO from this thread, please?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I have some concerns regarding promotion to Extras of KPv50.

Considering that users in Extras might not be aware of TMO or how to look for information, the problems that may arise for that users installing KPv50 or upgrading from KPv42 should be looked carefully.

Actually I consider two problems as showstoppers for promotion (please indicate is someone foresees other issues):
- Joikuspot
- Bless N900 / A Better Camera

These are closed source applications available at the OVI Store and not likely to be updated, so my proposal is that KP installation should take care of the following steps:

1. On installation, show a debhelper message requiring acceptance and indicating the possible problems, providing a link to TMO thread for more information and support.
2. In postinstall script, if Joikuspot or Bless N900/ABC are installed, perform the necessary operations to fix the problems.

For second step, maybe two new packages named "Fix for Jikuspot with KP" and "Fix for BlessN900/ABC with KP" could be prepared. Each of the packages could perform the needed operations, in the case of Joikusput I think it was something like this while for BlessN900/ABC, reinstalling FCam drivers from Extras devel could be needed.

This proposal can be improved, but at least some semi automatic solution should be provided before final promotion to Extras.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I have some concerns regarding promotion to Extras of KPv50.

Considering that users in Extras might not be aware of TMO or how to look for information, the problems that may arise for that users installing KPv50 or upgrading from KPv42 should be looked carefully.

Actually I consider two problems as showstoppers for promotion (please indicate is someone foresees other issues):
- Joikuspot
- Bless N900 / A Better Camera

These are closed source applications available at the OVI Store and not likely to be updated, so my proposal is that KP installation should take care of the following steps:

1. On installation, show a debhelper message requiring acceptance and indicating the possible problems, providing a link to TMO thread for more information and support.
2. In postinstall script, if Joikuspot or Bless N900/ABC are installed, perform the necessary operations to fix the problems.

For second step, maybe two new packages named "Fix for Jikuspot with KP" and "Fix for BlessN900/ABC with KP" could be prepared. Each of the packages could perform the needed operations, in the case of Joikusput I think it was something like this while for BlessN900/ABC, reinstalling FCam drivers from Extras devel could be needed.

This proposal can be improved, but at least some semi automatic solution should be provided before final promotion to Extras.
I am not aware of any problems with Joikuspot and KP50, will you please elaborate?

If I understand it correctly, fcam drivers copy kernel modules in /lib/modules/current, and in case of a new kernel installation fcam drivers are lost. Well, this looks like a problem wih fcam drivers, not kernel-power problem. And if fcam-drivers are of -devel quality and cannot be promoted to extras, i don't see any way kernel-power to depend on them. On the other hand fcam drivers could be easily added a bootup script checking for drivers existence in /lib/modules/current and if they are missing , to copy them (similar to what vmware-tools upon kernel ugrade ). I really think you should raise a bug agains fcam-drivers for the above issue.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
OK, I thought the problem with Joikuspot was still present (I'm not using it myself).

Regarding Fcam drivers, I'll try to reach the developer.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
i hope i am posting in the right kp thread:
i have got kp v50 for a while and experiencing random disconnects with my bt-headset (se mw600), but only when telephoning.

So i can hear music via headset for hours, but if i call anyone via bt-headset it disconnects after 2-20 minutes: first it stutters, as though the signal gets weak and then it disconnects without a word, while phone app still believes the bt-headset ist connected.

in status bar the "disconnect" is properly shown.

any help on this or a method to downgrade to v49? or is there a way to recompile in an easy way without the bt-mods?

btw thanks for the kp!

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by sirpaul View Post
i hope i am posting in the right kp thread:
i have got kp v50 for a while and experiencing random disconnects with my bt-headset (se mw600), but only when telephoning.

So i can hear music via headset for hours, but if i call anyone via bt-headset it disconnects after 2-20 minutes: first it stutters, as though the signal gets weak and then it disconnects without a word, while phone app still believes the bt-headset ist connected.

in status bar the "disconnect" is properly shown.

any help on this or a method to downgrade to v49? or is there a way to recompile in an easy way without the bt-mods?

btw thanks for the kp!
What are those "bt-mods" you are referring to? As there are 2 patches in KP50 re BT - first of them fixes sysfs possible DOS attack and I just can't see a way how it could be related to your issue. The second actually reverts my ancient BT mouse patch for anything but HID devices to the stock kernel behaviour.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
ok, but the random disconnects increased with kp v50 to unusability. is there any solution? or a way to downgrade to v49? (not to stock or rock stable version)

Originally Posted by sirpaul View Post
first it stutters, as though the signal gets weak and then it disconnects without a word, while phone app still believes the bt-headset ist connected.
It may be totally unrelated, but sounds exactly like ancient, very irritating bug with VoIP (SIP) calls stuttering - using N900 build-in support - doing (or receiving) SIP-to-SIP calls result in sound "losses" after few minutes, like packet losses, which get worse and worse with every minute, to the point of 100% silence on N900's side. At the same time, 2nd party hears everything well, and no real packet loss occur - it's also totally *not* dependent on router, connection to net (direct or not) etc. God, I've been tying to determine cause for hours and days, until I realized it's "Voice choppy on SIP calls" bug, which Nokian's @#*# refused to fix from the early N900's days.

Again, I have no idea if it's related with BT headset, but many thing are similar in appearance. In any case, I'm going to bless everyone, who could find case of SIP stutter (telepathy-sofiasip bugs?).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
these are EXACTLY the symptoms!

but i am using "classical" telephony.^^

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sirpaul For This Useful Post:

Tags
development, kernel-power