Active Topics

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
I've had a read through the other threads related to this issue but I haven't come across anything remotely as extreme as what's happening with my N900.

Today for example, at 2pm my phone was fully charged with green light. At 8pm my phone was dead.

In this time my only phone usage was sending one text message, receiving one 10 minute call and accessing about 6 web pages through the maemo browser.

I'm pulling my hair out at this point.

I have the current firmware installed, no apps that particularly drain power. No power kernel installed and it's not overclocked.

I would be most grateful if anyone could share some advice.

You could try replacing the battery to know if the fault is from the battery itself.

Please search forum for (tons of) advices about using top and powertop for filtering problems relating something eating CPU cycles/battery and/or battery faults.

Otherwise, Your reports is just plain lacking any useful data to help You with your problem.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by Chuks View Post
You could try replacing the battery to know if the fault is from the battery itself.
I replaced the battery about 2 months ago.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Please search forum for (tons of) advices about using top and powertop for filtering problems relating something eating CPU cycles/battery and/or battery faults.

Otherwise, Your reports is just plain lacking any useful data to help You with your problem.

/Estel
What programs for monitoring battery/cpu usage would be best?

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ maemo
What programs for monitoring battery/cpu usage would be best?
batterygraph

I've written already - top and powertop.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
If it's a fake battery it is possible that it's gone nad in two months. Does the device heat? If not I would place my bet on a faulty battery. If yes something is draining power

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob