Active Topics

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by knoxy420 View Post
I do have speed patch & battery patch installed from back when I didn't know any better. However the battery life issues were the same with a clean reflash.

Whatever was eating batteries was generating a large amount of heat so that the phone was always noticibly warm. I figured there was a short somewhere or something.
If your n900 is constantly connected to wifi, then check your wifi power saving settings

It seems that something was draining Your battery life (some script that stopped working? Cell signal quality was improved, so Your device isn't constantly switching between 2G and 3G?), and now it's gone. It's hard/impossible to tell what it was, without powertop readings from situation, when the problem actually *occurred*.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@freemangordon and @estel,

Check the thread linked in the first post. The poor guy suffered from this problem even with the N900 being *turned off* (whether completely or ACT_DEAD is unclear, I vote for ACT_DEAD).

Powertop outputs are also on that thread...

The problem apparently only happened when the phone was *not* connected to the charger, hence my question about bq module.

I don't know if things have changed with KP50, but the bq27.. module was not supposed to be loaded when bme is also running. At least I haven't loaded it since KP46 days.

Now AFAIK nobody has (yet?) had a real problem when combining bq27 and bme. Perhaps we have a case here?!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ NH, USA
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Now AFAIK nobody has (yet?) had a real problem when combining bq27 and bme. Perhaps we have a case here?!
Note that the issue was occurring with a reflash to stock settings as well. Basically the one thing that was constant since I've had it, regardless of hacking, tweaking & enabled hardware, was the extreme battery drain. Was quite depressing actually.

The only thing I've noticed that different now, is the messages in dmesg about bad battery calibration. That was not present before.

Check the thread linked in the first post. The poor guy suffered from this problem even with the N900 being *turned off* (whether completely or ACT_DEAD is unclear, I vote for ACT_DEAD).

It would drain if the battery was in it at all. Even if I removed it for awhile and then put it back in, without powering on, it would get warm and drain batteries.

@knoxy420,

I don't know what to think anymore. It might have been some bad contact, making the battery actually drain (letting the current flow) even when nothing was "using" it, hence the warming.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2011 @ india
What will you say about this friends ?

From the graph you can see my battery is not fully charged still it runs for 49 hours with lots of cpu usage.
and good thing is....

This is my regular battery back up time.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by forsagar View Post
What will you say about this friends ?
Hmm.. lemme think. Answer: that you are hijacking a thread?

From the graph you can see my battery is not fully charged still it runs for 49 hours with lots of cpu usage.
and good thing is....

This is my regular battery back up time.
So, your battery lasted ~ 2 days. Mine lasts 4 says with low-normal use, a few hours with very intensive use. Your point being?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2011 @ india
So, your battery lasted ~ 2 days. Mine lasts 4 says with low-normal use, a few hours with very intensive use. Your point being?
Check the first 30 hours Graph again...
Is this low-normal use ?
almost 65 % of that time cpu usage is showing more that means it's not a low-normal use.

Hey all, just an update on my mysterious/miraculous n900 improvement.

The previous issues were not battery dependent. i can use either of my batteries and get 12+ hours of usage (vs 3-4 hours battery previously). so something in the phone's hardware "cured" itself. I can also now over clock up to 1000MHz and it stays stable. Previously, if I went over 850MHz it would reboot immediately.

I really wish I knew what happened for this improvement.

The Following User Says Thank You to knoxy420 For This Useful Post: