Active Topics

Originally Posted by dchen View Post
When tried to call "Echo /Sound Test Service", I got same error "No common codec", but when call a real contact, it works.
Shame on me!!! I have tried only "Sound Test Service".
Yes, it works with PC client !

serge48

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by sdrman View Post
I did this with only my tablet:

4) cd /home/user/MyDocs/.documents

5) dpkg-deb -x skype_1.7.62.48.5_armel.deb .

6) sudo gainroot

7) cp -f usr/bin/skyhost /usr/bin

8) exit

And to clean up: DO NOT do this as root!!!

9) rm -r usr/ etc/

Notice the absence of slashes before the folders. This removes the extracted contents from the current directery.
Thanks, obvious your way is much straight forward. Thanks, I have put the thread to Wiki. Thanks again.

bun

Hi there,

I tried the instructions from the first posts but that doesn't work me.
Skype starts but before I get the chance to enter my username and passwd it just shuts down again. I only see the splash screen.

I don't know whats wrong. Are there any log files I can check to find the problem?

Thankx,
Timo

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Can you repeat what you did?

I read these instructions:

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Just for you

FAQ 770_2007He_step by step skype installation

Credit from Bundyo, http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=12740.

1) you should be running 2007He on you 770, the last 2 hacks should be fine.

2) Install Skype-ui, Menu>Tools>App Manager>Browse Installable apps>skype-ui

3) dl skype_1.7.62.48.5_armel.deb to a win PC desktop, http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com.../user/s/skype/

4) Use izarc for extraction skyhost. http://izarc.org/download.html, dl izarc and install, this is for vista, pick your izarc version, or google it.

5) associate .deb with izarc (when install izarc, they ask you for file association), click on file skype_1.7.62.48.5_armel.deb for extraction, upon viewing tree system from izarc, in folder skype_1.7...../usr/bin you will find skyhost, extract into your win desktop.

6) copy skyhost into your mmc card: and now your skyhost is on /media/mmc1
a) take card out from 770 and copy via a cardreader
b) USB cable copy
c) BT
d) setup tightVNC, there is a file transfer option. Setup 770 as X11VNC server, just click the x11VNC after
installation, there is no parameters to set, and you will not see anything after you click, it is 'silently' ON. then on your
win PC, run tightVNC viewer (Google and install, you do need to supply the ip address of your X11VNC, something like
192.168.x.x to connect to your 770, click on the icon with two square, that is the file transfer icon)

7) copy /media/mmc1/skyhost into /usr/bin, you need to be at root then run skyhost (install becomeroot will let you gainroot)
Start Xterm
~ $ sudo gainroot
/home/user # cp /media/mmc1/skyhost /usr/bin
/home/user # /chown user:users /usr/bin/skyhost

8) Menu>Skype, voila, start skyping....

Installed skype-ui 1.7.43.38.2.

enjoy!

bun
But because I didn't have os2007HE I downloaded it and flashed my N770 using the Flasher3.0 under Ubuntu using USB1.1
I downloaded the OS from here:
OS2007HE - Latest

After that I had a very clean install to start with.
After I installed skype-ui I downloaded the skype-arlm packeg and extracted it to my desktop. I found the skyhost and copied it to /usr/bin and chowned it to user:users. I I must add that I started skyhost as root before. But I deleted the mentioned two files after that so that skype was clean from root again.

Then I excecuted skype from the menue again, but it still crashes while showing the splash screen, after about 18 seconds after clicking the skype button.

Thats it.

Any ideas?

Timo

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by sdrman View Post

6) sudo gainroot

7) cp -f usr/bin/skyhost /usr/bin
After step 6) I get "Enable RD mode if you want to break your device".
After step 7) I get "cp: cannot remove 'usr/bin/skyhost : Permission denied"

I presume therefore that RD mode must be enabled before following these instructions?

nope, thatts not the case. I didn't need to enable the RD mode (I still don't know what that RD mode exactly is) to gain root.

sudo gainroot can be excecuted if you install or modify the gainroot script. google for "how to become root" and you'll find something very soon.

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by ChickenMcNugget View Post
nope, thatts not the case. I didn't need to enable the RD mode (I still don't know what that RD mode exactly is) to gain root.

sudo gainroot can be excecuted if you install or modify the gainroot script. google for "how to become root" and you'll find something very soon.
Cheers. After installing becomeroot the instructions worked fine.

However skype crashes about 5 seconds after the splash screen comes up. Oh well........

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Thanks, obvious your way is much straight forward. Thanks, I have put the thread to Wiki. Thanks again.

bun
I get target needed...1st I did the other way..am getting "no common codec" message so I sreached and found your/this way...

any help....

regards,

david

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by here.david View Post
I get target needed...1st I did the other way..am getting "no common codec" message so I sreached and found your/this way...
As already mentioned - "no common codec" message is shown only on the test call, if you try a real conversation it should work.

The 2 other guys - it would be great if you can provide some log (run skype from the console as user)