Notices

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Do you play MMOs? Would you like to use alternative input devices, but the stupid protection stuff blocks every key emulator ever? Would you like to use the tablet as a macro tool?

Well, I found out BlueMaemo can do it all!

Basically, because the computer thinks the N810 is just another keyboard, the games make absolutely no attempt block it. So, you can use the "game mode" of BlueMaemo to act as a sort of extended keyboard, or write simple macros, etc...

Just FYI...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post:
Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
That is very cool. I play a real-time text based browser mmo called StarGateWars and my n800 has been indispensable for that. "Oh hey, there's a stray wifi signal here. Well, I had better check my account real quick." Yay for unsecured wireless signals!

Originally Posted by verumgero View Post
That is very cool. I play a real-time text based browser mmo called StarGateWars and my n800 has been indispensable for that. "Oh hey, there's a stray wifi signal here. Well, I had better check my account real quick." Yay for unsecured wireless signals!
That's highly illegal,

Guards! arrest that man!

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
Originally Posted by overfloat View Post
That's highly illegal,

Guards! arrest that man!
that's what the macchanger utility exists for :P

why, is your wireless open?

And it is cheaper, lighter and less consuming than an x86 laptop!

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
basically the link is of the kind that will provide the linker with in-game gain if people sign up, using it...

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
basically the link is of the kind that will provide the linker with in-game gain if people sign up, using it...
It is actually the "recruitment" link, if you were to join the game you would start as my officer. But other than that I really wouldn't get anything out of it. In any event, having a new player as my officer really wouldn't give me much advantage (it would actually cost me a little more than I would gain). You could also leave me as soon as you wanted as well.

That's highly illegal,

Guards! arrest that man!
Is it illegal to access someone's unsecured wireless signal? I don't know too much about the laws but I would think if someone really didn't want people using their wireless they would just put a WEP or WPA key on it. It's not like that is difficult, and I am not sneaking around trying to crack people's wireless keys . . .

It's as if someone just left a bunch of apples floating around int he air. I could just reach up from my apartment window and take one. I'm not sneaking onto their property and stealing something, I am taking something that is totally out in the open and even floating into my apartment.

But yeah, is it illegal to access an unsecured wireless signal if it isn't yours?

Last edited by verumgero; 2009-03-22 at 05:03.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
Originally Posted by verumgero View Post
It's as if someone just left a bunch of apples floating around int he air. I could just reach up from my apartment window and take one. I'm not sneaking onto their property and stealing something, I am taking something that is totally out in the open and even floating into my apartment. ?
I actually have a better analogy: it's the same as if someone turned the music in their apartment really loud. And for you, a passerby, the law would make it illegal to LISTEN to the music. you would be allowed to hear it, but not to listen to it.
On that note, is it really illegal, and if so, in which countries?

And it is cheaper, lighter and less consuming than an x86 laptop!

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
Listening to the signals that end up on your property probably couldn't be made illegal, provided the signals were unencrypted. On the other hand, accessing someone else's network (ie, sending data or queries into that network and/or using services it provides, such as internet access or access to other computers on the network) is pretty clearly illegal.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...tealing%20wifi

stealing wifi is illegal some routers are open by default

but hey by some peoples logic if you forgot to lock your door i could wonder in and use your loo .

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
One problem with the music analogy, is that the passing person is forced to listen to it, unless he puts on head phones or something. However, with WiFi, you have to initiate the connection. That is the difference.

However, IMO, no one is getting hurt from you playing a damn browser game.

HOWEVER, this is totally irrelevant, because my first post was about using the N8x0 to play on a computer, a la Maplestory, Grenda Espada, etc...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Tags
bluemaemo, cheat, mmo, tablet