Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by ceevee View Post
Is there a way you could put the artist and song title under the album art as well?

Sometimes the length of the title and artist is too long to see completely on the top bar.
Yes, I think I will do this. I can't find a way to 'scroll' it like I wanted.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
So, other than the song title and artist moving (which is done in my current build)...

Any other comments? I'm still looking at the gstreamer thing but haven't had it happen to me for a few days now.. how often is the random stopping of music for people?

Dont really want to release a 1.2 with nothing but a change to the Label...

haha... rather big bug. Do me a favor and don't enable your FM Transmitter before launching the app. Nothing will work .

This bug is a glaring example of my one largest gripe about Python syntax. No end tags, everything is based on proper tabbing >.>. One stupid extra tab and poof... broken interface lol.

Ill have a new fix up tonight with the Label change and this bug addressed. I rebooted my phone couple of times today trying to figure out why the hell it wasn't working .

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I haven't installed this yet but have been enjoying pianobar for a couple weeks now after tiring of my own music collection. One thing i was wondering about on reading about a "pure python implementation" is, how does using python for everything affect the CPU usage and run time of pandora on N900?

Also, someone mentioned that this fixes dropouts in playback when going through poor reception areas. Is there a reason for this to be expected with pyRadio vs. pianobar?

I still haven't installed pyqt but will probably do so soon and this will be one of the apps i take a look at. Thanks for your work on pandora options.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Not really sure how big of a difference it is but watching top while listening shows 34% cpu usage, with pyradio at betwen 15-20% and pulseaudio itself at 20%+. Now those numbers dont match because watching /proc/cpuinfo shows the processor bouncing between 250 and 500. I notice no system slowdowns.

The reason for better play is pianobar uses libao/libmad with no buffer to playback audio. pyRadio uses gstreamer which utilizes a buffer allowing for brief interruptions in connection.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Not really sure how big of a difference it is but watching top while listening shows 34% cpu usage, with pyradio at betwen 15-20% and pulseaudio itself at 20%+. Now those numbers dont match because watching /proc/cpuinfo shows the processor bouncing between 250 and 500. I notice no system slowdowns.
I get 10 PA and 10 media player vs. about 15 PA and 22 pianobar. 20% seems really high for PA.

The reason for better play is pianobar uses libao/libmad with no buffer to playback audio. pyRadio uses gstreamer which utilizes a buffer allowing for brief interruptions in connection.
Interesting. In walking around my building, i actually thought there was a buffer in pianobar because the music seemed to stop awhile after going out of wifi range and take awhile to start after returning. Interesting to know it's just my perception.

Does the fact pyRadio uses gstreamer mean that it will playback properly through headphones in silent profile?

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Does the fact pyRadio uses gstreamer mean that it will playback properly through headphones in silent profile?
Not exactly: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6694

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Not exactly: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6694
That bug tracker "dialogue" depresses me.

Thanks, qwerty.

fatalsaint, can you please use this workaround or the one in comments 29/30? It's really obnoxious for my coworkers when i'm listening to pandora and get an SMS or incoming call and it blasts the notification from the speaker...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
I get 10 PA and 10 media player vs. about 15 PA and 22 pianobar. 20% seems really high for PA.
There's a few threads around about high pulseaudio usage. It happens with anything that plays any sound.. watch your top when you receive an SMS you'll see it spike too.

The question I have: Is it 20% of 250, or 500, 650... the damn CPU is near constantly ticking up, down, up down, on my phone so I have no idea. If it's 20% of 250 that's not that bad.. if it's 20% of the full processor speed that's a bit of a nuisance.

If I watch it pyradio goes from between 10 up to 20 max, while PA is all over the place. Don't think I saw it go much below 15 though.. so how the media player only has it at 10 I don't know.

Interesting. In walking around my building, i actually thought there was a buffer in pianobar because the music seemed to stop awhile after going out of wifi range and take awhile to start after returning. Interesting to know it's just my perception.

Nope, no buffer for pianobar. If you're in weak 3G areas it becomes apparent because it'll play half a second and stop, then again and stop, constantly. pianobar will play music the instant it gets a stream and that gets old quick.

Gstreamer, OTOH, if it loses network connection too long for some reason simply refuses to start up again . You'll just get silence until the end of the song and then it starts the next song and plays just fine (alternatively, skipping to the next song also brings it back.)

Silent: Just tested, No. (thanks Qwerty).

fatalsaint, can you please use this workaround or the one in comments 29/30? It's really obnoxious for my coworkers when i'm listening to pandora and get an SMS or incoming call and it blasts the notification from the speaker...
I will try. Let you know how it goes.

I am having no luck figuring out how in the hell to create a pulseaudio proplist in python.

Code:
pulsesink = gst.get_element_factory_make("pulsesink", "pulsesink")
proplist = gobject.list_properties(pulsesink)
for property in proplist:
    print property.name + " " + str(pulsesink.get_property(property.name)
Clearly shows that pulsesink has a proplist "property" ... but is evidently by default set to a NoneType.

It is supposed to be a type of GParamPointer if I dump just the list_properties out to a terminal. But I can find no help on actually creating a proplist from scratch, and then modifying this "event.id" property of that. I'm at a loss.

Basically, if anyone can tell me how to do this:
Code:
pa_proplist *proplist = pa_proplist_new (); 
pa_proplist_sets (proplist, PA_PROP_EVENT_ID, "ringtone-preview");
In python.. I would appreciate it.

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio