Active Topics

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Oh man bad stuff find a local repair shop as hiteb said
as the slot looks it needs dedicate hands to open it up

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Oh man bad stuff find a local repair shop as hiteb said
as the slot looks it needs dedicate hands to open it up
I do wonder whether our local soldering tools are thin enough, but there is hope for a piece of wire to be soldered in place of the broken off pin.
I do wonder why jewellers don't have a side-business of soldering such thin parts to repair 'broken' devices. Some people around here employ a magnifying glass to take a look at the contacts. I do not have to, because I am near-sighted.
Yes, when seen from above, it looks worse than in previous photographs. But remember. Only one pin is broken off. Other two pins are almost fine, just flattened down. These peeking-holes in metal cover do not show everything within the slot - just ends of the pins.
Thank you. Best wishes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
I do wonder whether our local soldering tools are thin enough, but there is hope for a piece of wire to be soldered in place of the broken off pin.
I do wonder why jewellers don't have a side-business of soldering such thin parts to repair 'broken' devices. Some people around here employ a magnifying glass to take a look at the contacts. I do not have to, because I am near-sighted.
Yes, when seen from above, it looks worse than in previous photographs. But remember. Only one pin is broken off. Other two pins are almost fine, just flattened down. These peeking-holes in metal cover do not show everything within the slot - just ends of the pins.
Thank you. Best wishes.
yup they will be thin enough or simply a needle can be used. Better if you go to a electronic servic centere .
the pin is easy to repair but the slot mentioned is way too cubersome for me
i remember replacing 5800 and some samgsung slots but yor slot is again diff
i have never seen a n9 or n950 board good luck with your repairing

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
After seeing your latest PIC, it looks like the other 2 pins are not too healthy.
The thing with the adhesive was it was a permanent fix if it wasn't disturbed. Because they were watches in my case the contacts were glued in place, left to cure for a day or two then the battery was replaced and everything was left undisturbed for 12 months minimum until the battery needed replacing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
After soldering bits of wire as pins, supported by pieces of two-sided sticky tape so that they would not be flattened, the SIM port works. However, SIM card is not to be taken out, because the whole set-up is fragile.
Torx screws were put back without any troubles. However, there is no wish to remove them while there are no spare screws available.
Best wishes. Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Good job wikiwide
now will you post a pic of those torx screws as i wonder you may find plenty of them available??

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Good job wikiwide
now will you post a pic of those torx screws as i wonder you may find plenty of them available??
They fit torx4 screwdriver. Most likely, they are Torx Plus 4, since Service Manual for N9 says Torx+ everywhere.
Will post a picture of one of these screws later.
Thank you. Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
fixed sim port, hw problem, nokia n950