Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Now I have to admit that I have been underestimating @Max83, since his 3.5.3 kernel actually boots on N9, which is a pretty neat accomplishment as he himself admits that he's never tried it on a device himself, and since he clearly is somewhat newbie on kernel development

Some notes;
  • You should not set "CONFIG_CMDLINE_FORCE=y" as that prevents ubiboot from loading the kernel with commandline parameters, for example the framebuffer resizing does not work which prevents graphics from starting correctly.
  • generally it is nice to group your modules into one directory and run "depmod -a" on the lot, so it is easier to install (for me it's no problem but some people might find it problematic...)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by max83 View Post
nice job, I cant see too much different from your compiled version in compare with mine, FYI, I am not working to get credit by people like you, I just wanted to start something and dont wait and watch n9 dies
at least I could motivate you guys to do something about it
and I am happy to see people are not just downloading and using others works

good job liar, btw, your ID is much strange that mine you already called yourself a liar, thanks again
i am sorry, i didn't want to be offending

but can you tell us a bit more about your kernel? where are the sources? did you apply some custom patches? what does work an what not?

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
hmm flashed latest vgrade-jolla-1.0.3.7 but seems there was regression in case of landscape/portrait.

Seems like UI thinks screen is in landscape when in portrait.

on startup everything is wrong direction. eg "landscape mode in portrait"?
Hope to have a fix soon

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vgrade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by liar View Post
i am sorry, i didn't want to be offending

but can you tell us a bit more about your kernel? where are the sources? did you apply some custom patches? what does work an what not?
non-taken
All I was willing to tell was about the compiling the new kernel for our beloved N9
before I start this task nobody liked to cooperate now I am happy that my even few effort could make u guys think and do something about it, thats all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to max83 For This Useful Post:
OK guys, we are very close to our goal now, the next step is to extract the drivers from harmattan which are closed-source and hard to get, I want to try disassemble the existing drivers and see what gonna happens

btw, I dont have my N9 yet, so please send all the drivers binary files to my email: smartmax83@yandex.ru

+++ MAX +++

Last edited by max83; 2014-02-04 at 19:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to max83 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by max83 View Post
OK guys, we are very close to our goal now, the next step is to extract the drivers from harmattan which are closed-source and hard to get, I want to try disassemble the existing drivers and see what gonna happens

btw, I dont have my N9 yet, so please send all the drivers binary files to my email: smartmax83@yandex.ru

+++ MAX +++
http://maemo-archive.wedrop.it/downl...com/harmattan/

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by liar View Post
i don't trust max83, so should you (no offense)

if somebody wants to experiment with the 3.5.3 kernel here you go:
https://www.mediafire.com/?88qmnwjx3zt21wl
(works with ubiboot, tested on my n9)

BEWARE:
* this includes code for charging and is only tested by filippz and me so far
* if you are NOT using ubiboot: rootfs is set to partition 4, but CONFIG_CMDLINE_FORCE is not set so it should work with ubiboot
* no warranty

NOTES:
* bluetooth does not work properly
* more stuff might not work (i haven't tested calling/sms with filippz's last changes yet)

it is a merge of filippz's kernel master branch and my wlcore branch:
https://github.com/filippz/kernel-adaptation-n950-n9
https://github.com/krnlyng/kernel-ad...n9/tree/wlcore
By "works with ubiboot", do you meant that you configured ubiboot to use it and got harmattan loaded? If so, would you mind to provide the steps that you took to get into harmattan?
I configure ubiboot to display the zImage and copied the modules do /lib/modules

But when I tried to boot I get the NOKIA logo and then it reboots.

Last edited by danielcbit; 2014-02-04 at 19:27. Reason: Mixed up the results while booting the new kernel

The Following User Says Thank You to danielcbit For This Useful Post:
Good job all! Is there any news about Android apps support? I read somewhere that mysatroker module works with 3.5 kernel... now if we get a working kernel maybe there is more hope.

Last edited by gipawu; 2014-02-04 at 20:25.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@gipawu if you need app support you should install nitdroid, buy android phone or buy jolla at all

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
@gipawu if you need app support you should install nitdroid, buy android phone or buy jolla at all
Yes, I know there is Nitdroid, I'm just a little tired of dual-booting

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish