Can anyone comment on the Melkco jacka case for the nokia n9? Does it hinder the screens edge swiping? I found these on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...at=0&_from=R40

Does anyone know if these are legit or knockoffs?

Originally Posted by Ali bhai View Post
Can anyone comment on the Melkco jacka case for the nokia n9? Does it hinder the screens edge swiping? I found these on Ebay:

I have the Melkco Jacka case and highly recommend it, shared some photos of it infact a page or so back within this thread I think, will have a look and edit it here if I can find it.

I don't find much of an issue with swype, although it does ever so slightly impede on side swypes from the edge of screen. I quickly discovered a simple solution to this tiny problem by swyping right to left from the cut out area where the volume and lock buttons are, this works perfectly for me.

As for the seller, I think they are genuine, however for the same price you can buy from this official reseller(I discovered then from the Melkco website sellers list) who also offer free international shipping, is where I purhcased mine from... http://www.carrymobile.com/

[EDIT] Here you go, taken from the recommended cases thread....

Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
Anyway, thought I'd share a few pics of my Melkco case which I'm really pleased with.

Fits like a glove, and unlike many of the N9 cases of this type, doesn' cover the speaker when closed which I thought was pretty important considering the N9 doesn' have the loudest ringer.

Last edited by Tetlee; 2012-04-16 at 16:54.

I bought one and they look very nice, holding the phone with the cover on feels very positive and that it will not slip out of your hands.

The down side is they are badly designed.

The sides that grab the phone are hard plastic and should have been covered with leather, the result is grit has got in and my white glossy phone has now been scratched. The damage is on the left side along side the screen. You can barely see it but the scratches are there - so be warned! I am back to using the pouch the phone came with.

Thanks for the replies, I think ill get it from carrymobile.com, the ebay seller is from Hong Kong, not sure if it would be a knock off. As for the grit getting inside, I also bought a skinomi full body protector, hopefully it will save the glossy finish.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ali bhai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
I bought one and they look very nice, holding the phone with the cover on feels very positive and that it will not slip out of your hands.

The down side is they are badly designed.

The sides that grab the phone are hard plastic and should have been covered with leather, the result is grit has got in and my white glossy phone has now been scratched. The damage is on the left side along side the screen. You can barely see it but the scratches are there - so be warned! I am back to using the pouch the phone came with.
Mine is fine so far. I don't think this is a bad design, more a risk you run with any case that attaches to the back(or more the sides) of the phone(have even heard of people gaining grit scratches from the official Nokia soft covers that come with the non white N9's).

As far as I can tell all of the full cases in this style have hard edges to teh sides, unless more expensive cases such as the Noreve differ, difficult to tell from looking at images but I doubt it's 100% leather without the hard edges, perhaps somebody that owns one can confirm?

Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
Mine is fine so far. I don't think this is a bad design, more a risk you run with any case that attaches to the back(or more the sides) of the phone(have even heard of people gaining grit scratches from the official Nokia soft covers that come with the non white N9's).
Does it have a magnetic closure?

Does it have a magnetic closure?
No it isn't magnetic, it just pushes over the sim tray part, opens/closes easliy though and holds its position very well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tetlee For This Useful Post:
thanks I tried ordering from carrymobile but i kept getting error messages, so i broke down and ordered the one from Hong Kong on ebay in red and white, really wanted the green and white one but it wasnt on ebay.

thanks I tried ordering from carrymobile but i kept getting error messages, so i broke down and ordered the one from Hong Kong on ebay in red and white, really wanted the green and white one but it wasnt on ebay.
I was torn between the green and white and the one I purchased, I owned a black N9 at time of ordering otherwise I would have for sure gone for teh green/white, would have made a lovely match for a white N9.

I'm pretty sure that ebay seller is genuine, the official seller I linked to was also based in Hong Kong so no need to read into that to be honest. It's the only person selling them on ebay and if they were fakes I'm sure there would be more of them, even the price matches the official resellers price.

Actually I wouldn't be one bit surprised if it's the same base, now I think of it I remember sending both the seller I linked to, and that seller on ebay a question prior to ordering, and had the exact same response from both.

Last edited by Tetlee; 2012-04-17 at 18:12.

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Is this legit? Can't believe they're selling the White One for around $350. Seems very fishy, but the site does look legit, based in the UK.

http://shoponlineltd.com/Nokia-N9-00...medium=organic

Tags
dinosaur bones, much ado, unicorn