Notices

Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
I don't understand why I should switch from the "Devil" aka Whatsapp to the "Beelzebub" aka Telegram.
Both systems have been and are criticised, Telegram for example for the obscure Encryption, centralized non open Servers and strong ties to russian VK.

If I were to switch it must be a really good system like Textsecure as it is a lot of effort to bring my contacts to switch as well. I don't wanna do that more than one time.
Your message has some truth, but only some....
I see much more + than - in Telegram:
The Client API is open, so the guys would not ban me, if i use Sailorgram.
I have Telegram on my Nokia N900, on my Jolla, on my ThinkPad Tablet (Android 4.1.1)
and my ThinkPad T420 (Debian 8.2)

All Apps with the same account.
As an Ukrainian Citizen living in Berlin / Germany i try to boykott any russian Apps and Services incl. VK.
The both guys who own Telegram are russians, but the company is a german one.
As i know, one of the Durov-Brothers wrote the Backend for VK, but Telegram is not accociated with VK and Russia financially and tecnically (IMHO)

From my 550 Contacts, 250 use WA, and now approx. 60 Telegram. This is a right direction. Signal / Threema and others: Only about 5 contacts....

So for me the Telegram is much less evil than WA / Facebook.
Only the fact, that they block numbers / ban users is one point not to usem them.....

WU related stuff:

a) thanks for getting this up and running again!

b) how do onread notifications work in Sailfish? If I see a message later in general notifications, does it count as 'read'? If I'm doing something else on the phone and a message pops up at the top and scrolls all the way, does that count as 'read'? Or is a message only read when WU UI is open?

Hoping it's last one haha...

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
It's read only when you open the conversation
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Can we get the old feature back soon Cepi? ;-) I loved that selective denial of read messages for folks that don't deserve it because it's abused in communication.

Hey there.

WU working great again.
One question: is it possible to change the color of the notifications; in detail: group notifications: they are green as a missed call which is confusing.

Nobody else has group problems? Is the problem I used this number with official android app before? If so, can this be fixed to drop your WA account with the official android app. Then you will be removed from the WA databases and all groups. And after that start a new account with WU?

Last edited by richdb; 2016-01-27 at 08:34.

Originally Posted by richdb View Post
Nobody else has group problems? Is the problem I used this number with official android app before? If so, can this be fixed to drop your WA account with the official android app. Then you will be removed from the WA databases and all groups. And after that start a new account with WU?
have a look to this post and try if it works on WU..

The Following User Says Thank You to enne30 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by enne30 View Post
Ok, will try this. Thx!!

I have the same issues of non-displayed messages in group conversation. It happens on 2 different groups, it seems that I just receive the messages from the group administrator (1 with Android and 1 with iOS).

I'll be happy to find a workaround. Now that's WU is back on openrepos, maybe we'll have more help from the community!

Originally Posted by enne30 View Post
Can confirm this works! Takes a few tries in DM for a message to come through, but once it does - messages start coming in from that person in all chats.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup