Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I'll give Tweego another try. It was missing si many features (like search) when I tried it last it had no chance.

Edit: Nope, it is still not usable for my purposes. Not close. It needs multiple saved searches. The ability to search for #N900, for example.

Last edited by geneven; 2010-07-06 at 16:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West London, UK
Originally Posted by Bookishwitch View Post
Well I've downloaded it, but I can't log in. It just keeps saying "Wrong username/email and password combination".

Help, please?
There's a bug in PR1.2 (fixed already - awaiting the next public release) that means every first letter in the textboxes on the login screen is always a capital, including the password box (which you can't see what you've written in.)

I reported some similar issues in PR1.1 in the TweeGo bug tracker.

Type the first letter of your password twice, and then delete the first letter of your password - that should work.

(Yes, I know that's a bit bonkers.)

Maybe the TweeGo authors can set something on the textbox to turn off auto-complete and stop it behaving like that?

Originally Posted by shiny View Post
There's a bug in PR1.2 (fixed already - awaiting the next public release) that means every first letter in the textboxes on the login screen is always a capital, including the password box (which you can't see what you've written in.)

Type the first letter of your password twice, and then delete the first letter of your password - that should work.

Maybe the TweeGo authors can set something on the textbox to turn off auto-complete and stop it behaving like that?
Ah that worked, thanks!

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Michigan, USA
Another vote for auto-login. Get rid of the 'logout' button in the place of the close one already. Nobody wants to log out, specially when they marked the 'remember me' check box. No other twitter client that I remember approach logging in and out like that. (also, check boxes should be square :P)

Even if I know it makes no difference, I unconsciously tap the task switcher button to then hit the X to close it. (bonus: this avoids the 4 (four!) step procedure to close it through its own interface) (Logout > confirm > exit > confirm)

Also this, not even counting the inconvenience, it's a security flaw. It recorded my password in the user auto complete dictionary. Seems Maemo doesn't treat that as a proper password field, maybe look into that?

And one last request: optify it please, just noticed that the executable is stored on /usr/bin. Seems silly since it can run from everywhere, I just edited the .desktop file to point to /user/home/tweego and it works normally.

Last edited by fwrnando; 2010-07-06 at 16:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to fwrnando For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fwrnando View Post
Another vote for auto-login. Get rid of the 'logout' button in the place of the close one already. Nobody wants to log out, specially when they marked the 'remember me' check box. No other twitter client that I remember approach logging in and out like that. (also, check boxes should be square :P)

Even if I know it makes no difference, I unconsciously tap the task switcher button to then hit the X to close it. (bonus: this avoids the 4 (four!) step procedure to close it through its own interface) (Logout > confirm > exit > confirm)

Also this, not even counting the inconvenience, it's a security flaw. It recorded my password in the user auto complete dictionary. Seems Maemo doesn't treat that as a proper password field, maybe look into that?

And one last request: optify it please, just noticed that the executable is stored on /usr/bin. Seems silly since it can run from everywhere, I just edited the .desktop file to point to /user/home/tweego and it works normally.
No auto-login yet, but we'll put this option in version 0.4 for sure.

About the logout, we actually put it there thinking in user that don't want to close the application, but to come back to the login screen to use another account.

And about the optify, I didn't know that TweeGo was in /usr/bin, but I talked to Rodrigo and he told that he'll optify it to the next version.

About the line edits, we always had problems with it (it's the reason why TweeGo is not running in N8x0), I fixed the auto-uppercase and forced no auto complete to the password but it still auto-completing the password sometimes.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I'll give Tweego another try. It was missing si many features (like search) when I tried it last it had no chance.

Edit: Nope, it is still not usable for my purposes. Not close. It needs multiple saved searches. The ability to search for #N900, for example.
Sorry to hear that, the main problem is that we don't actually have space to the search in the screen, but that will be solved in the next versions.

Originally Posted by mikhail_ramalho View Post
No auto-login yet, but we'll put this option in version 0.4 for sure.

About the logout, we actually put it there thinking in user that don't want to close the application, but to come back to the login screen to use another account.

And about the optify, I didn't know that TweeGo was in /usr/bin, but I talked to Rodrigo and he told that he'll optify it to the next version.

About the line edits, we always had problems with it (it's the reason why TweeGo is not running in N8x0), I fixed the auto-uppercase and forced no auto complete to the password but it still auto-completing the password sometimes.

Sorry to hear that, the main problem is that we don't actually have space to the search in the screen, but that will be solved in the next versions.
When will the next version be out?

Originally Posted by hotzigetty View Post
When will the next version be out?
We already finished all the features and the visual for this version, and now we are testing for bugs.

I can say that it's around 90%, so will be real soon.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikhail_ramalho For This Useful Post:
Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
How the testing goes? Is it ready?

I don't know if this is just me, but none of the things at the top of the page which should be links actually work.

I mean where you have your username in the top corner, beneath that it says "Following (number). Followers (number). Tweets (number)." For me, none of these are actually links. Clicking them does nothing, and it would be nice if they did.

Uh, this needs to be optified. It currently sits in /usr/bin at around 620kb? Why not a simply symlink since it should be a dynamically linked binary.

Tags
tweego, twitter