Active Topics

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Singapore
"sh -x partition-finder.sh 2> output"
Error: "sh: can't open partition-finder.sh"

If I simply enter the command without "sh -x", I get "/dev/mtdblock4 "Size:256MB Used: Free:AVAIL Type:jffs2", and hang there (it won't return to prompt) -- I think it is waiting for some input?

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by pton View Post
"sh -x partition-finder.sh 2> output"
Error: "sh: can't open partition-finder.sh"

If I simply enter the command without "sh -x", I get "/dev/mtdblock4 "Size:256MB Used: Free:AVAIL Type:jffs2", and hang there (it won't return to prompt) -- I think it is waiting for some input?

sorry my fault, try this

export PATH=/root/.bin:$PATH
sh -x /root/.bin/partition-finder.sh 2> output
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-12-22 at 05:12.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Singapore
The command "sh -x /root/.bin/partition-finder.sh 2> output" never returns to prompt. I pressed ^C to terminate it after 1minute.

Contents of output.
+ df /mnt/initfs
+ grep initfs
+ awk {print $1}
+ export INITFS=/dev/mtdblock4
+ test /dev/mtdblock4 = /dev/mtdblock4
+ df
+ grep /dev/mmcblk0p2
+ + awk -F . {print $1"MB"}
awk {print $3 / 1024}
+ export USED=
+ df
+ awk {print $4 / 1024}
+ awk -F . {print $1"MB"}
+ grep /dev/mmcblk0p2
+ export AVAIL=
+ echo /dev/mtdblock4 "Size:256MB Used: Free:AVAIL Type:jffs2"
+ export LOOP=0
+ parted /dev/mmcblk1 print devices
+ grep -v mtdblock
+ sed s/ /-/

The command "sh -x /root/.bin/partition-finder.sh 2> output" never returns to prompt. I pressed ^C to terminate it after 1minute.

Contents of output.
+ df /mnt/initfs
+ grep initfs
+ awk {print $1}
+ df
+ grep /dev/mmcblk0p2
awk {print $3 / 1024}
+ export USED=
+ df
+ awk {print $4 / 1024}
+ grep /dev/mmcblk0p2
+ export AVAIL=
+ export LOOP=0
+ grep -v mtdblock
+ sed s/ /-/

I found the problem, I really appreciate your help.. My partition-finder script neeeds more logic. I will update sometime today to fix the problem.

You could try changing line 16 of partition-finder.sh

for i in `parted /dev/mmcblk1 print devices

to
for i in `parted /dev/mmcblk0 print devices

Or just wait for me, I will be adding a disk check, and then run 0 or 1 depending on whats available.

Thanks again for your help and patients.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Munising, MI
Somehow, console tools is breaking File Manager (in the Utilities Menu) after pb is run, and uninstalling console tools and rebooting the NIT doesn't fix File Manager.
I was cloning my NIT last night and needed files from my wifes laptop, so I went to File Manager to see the share. File Manager would only show the "File Manager-loading" box for a few seconds, and then nothing. After a few minutes of futzing around, I decided to reflash and start again. I reflashed, installed Pidgin, rootsh, console tools, and a few others. Ran pb to make my partitions. Then went to get those files from my wifes laptop. And no File Manager. Same File Manager-loading and then nothing.

So I reflashed again.

Here's what I got-
N800, 8GB SDHC, fresh reflash of 43-7. Nothing else installed.

I installed console tools. Ran File Manager. Works fine.
I run PB. Deleted all listed partitions on the SDHC card.
Ran File Manager. I get the "File Manager-loading" message, then nothing.
I remove, via Application Manager, console tools.
Reboot
Run File Manager. Still broke.

At this point, all my skills know to do is reflash and not use console tools to clone to my SD card, which is fine. Since I have had this problem 3 times in a row, I am confident it is reproducible on another N800. I have to get mine up to usable status since it has become my primary computer after the tragic death of my tablet PC, but I'll be glad to answer any questions on my config I may have not answered so someone wo knows what they are doing can fix it.

Thanks
Keith

Originally Posted by WorkingOnWise View Post
Somehow, console tools is breaking File Manager (in the Utilities Menu) after pb is run, and uninstalling console tools and rebooting the NIT doesn't fix File Manager.
I was cloning my NIT last night and needed files from my wifes laptop, so I went to File Manager to see the share. File Manager would only show the "File Manager-loading" box for a few seconds, and then nothing. After a few minutes of futzing around, I decided to reflash and start again. I reflashed, installed Pidgin, rootsh, console tools, and a few others. Ran pb to make my partitions. Then went to get those files from my wifes laptop. And no File Manager. Same File Manager-loading and then nothing.

So I reflashed again.

Here's what I got-
N800, 8GB SDHC, fresh reflash of 43-7. Nothing else installed.

I installed console tools. Ran File Manager. Works fine.
I run PB. Deleted all listed partitions on the SDHC card.
Ran File Manager. I get the "File Manager-loading" message, then nothing.
I remove, via Application Manager, console tools.
Reboot
Run File Manager. Still broke.

At this point, all my skills know to do is reflash and not use console tools to clone to my SD card, which is fine. Since I have had this problem 3 times in a row, I am confident it is reproducible on another N800. I have to get mine up to usable status since it has become my primary computer after the tragic death of my tablet PC, but I'll be glad to answer any questions on my config I may have not answered so someone wo knows what they are doing can fix it.

Thanks
Keith
run pb, then close menu

run filemanager, is it still broken?

I have it in the script to disable filemanager during certain operations, if you crash out, it could leave filemanager in a bad state, run pb again to fix it.

I will look for a better solution to this problem

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-12-22 at 16:08.

Contents of output.
+ df /mnt/initfs
+ grep initfs
+ awk {print $1}
+ df
+ grep /dev/mmcblk0p2
awk {print $3 / 1024}
+ export USED=
+ df
+ awk {print $4 / 1024}
+ grep /dev/mmcblk0p2
+ export AVAIL=
+ export LOOP=0
+ grep -v mtdblock
+ sed s/ /-/

This has been fixed, thanks again for all your help, download the updated deb

Let me know if its working?

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Ok, so I have used gparted to make my partitions on my internal sd, 200mb fat32, 1.5gb ext3 and 256mb swap. I have finished cloning to internal sd and set booymenu to boot the clone image. Everything said to have gone successful but, how can I tell?

Originally Posted by FRZ View Post
Ok, so I have used gparted to make my partitions on my internal sd, 200mb fat32, 1.5gb ext3 and 256mb swap. I have finished cloning to internal sd and set booymenu to boot the clone image. Everything said to have gone successful but, how can I tell?
you need to install bootmenu, then reboot,

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
you need to install bootmenu, then reboot,
I did. Am I suppose to get a boot option at reboot?

Tags
bootmenu, bootmenu-installer, install-tools, mgmt-tools