Posts: 84 | Thanked: 212 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by bergie View Post
There is some discussion about that functionality on Qaiku right now. Forward might be a nice generic term. Like and Favourite have also been suggested.
Mauku has also "Mark" functionality. It is a generic name for "like" or "favourite". It seems that Qaiku does not support that yet.

Old Mauku 0.x implemented the marking functionality even in Jaiku, which does not support it. After marking an item, also comments referring to that item were marked. That way it was easier to follow new comments of a specific conversation.

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
EDIT: and while I was writing this... Crash Reporter says

Actually the Mauku widget has some tendency to crash, I guess because the bug is in the backend anyway.
There is a known issue with locking in the Microfeed backend. It seems to realize more often in the armel environment than in the x86 environment. The bug will be fixed in couple of days when beta 2 is out.

Nevertheless, it would be helpful to get rich core dumps that the system is most probably generating when an application is crashing. Everybody who is testing Mauku in the device, please, send those reports to me.

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by hhedberg View Post
Mauku has also "Mark" functionality. It is a generic name for "like" or "favourite". It seems that Qaiku does not support that yet.
Qaiku supports favouriting, but I haven't exposed that to the API yet. Should be reasonably quick to do, though.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Retweeting is essential. Bookmarking of tweets is less common. Showing that a post is liked is something that you can do with a comment or by retweeting it.

This is not a conversation about what should be allowed -- retweeting is in use, and if you want Twitter to be useful, you have to support it.

Yes, retweeting is ugly. That's beside the point.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Finland
Stupid question: what is the URL of extras-testing?

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Yes, retweeting is ugly. That's beside the point.
Yep. The discussion was about how Qaiku should implement it in a nicer way. Mauku already supports retweeting via the Forward button

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
Looks good already, but I have a few questions, as well:

1. Will there be support for multiple accounts on the same service? I have several Twitter accounts that I currently manage in Gravity on my Symbian devices, and would love to have this supported in Mauku.

2. Is it possible to perhaps use columns for various things, ala Seesmic Desktop or Tweetdeck? The benefit is more information shown on a single screen, as right now, it looks like you can only see 4-5 tweets at a time, which would drive me batty.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ São Paulo, SP, Brasil
Mauku is a great application, but i have to win the lottery before buying a N900/RX-51/Rover. If Mauku is being developed only for Fremantle now, what should us, the Diablo orphans do? Start a fork project? Wait to port it to mer?... Or perhaps compile curl to use ttytter?

Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
1. Will there be support for multiple accounts on the same service? I have several Twitter accounts that I currently manage in Gravity on my Symbian devices, and would love to have this supported in Mauku.
Yes, it will. Actually, it does. You can configure as many Twitter and Twitter-like (using different url) servives as like.

QUOTE=rcadden;310202]2. Is it possible to perhaps use columns for various things, ala Seesmic Desktop or Tweetdeck? The benefit is more information shown on a single screen, as right now, it looks like you can only see 4-5 tweets at a time, which would drive me batty.[/QUOTE]

Not at least right now. I am not sure if multiple columns could fit into the small screen?

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by hhedberg View Post
Not at least right now. I am not sure if multiple columns could fit into the small screen?
Or, the Maemo HIG for that matter.

Tim

Tags
fremantle, jaiku, mauku, micro-blogging, qaiku, tweet, twitter