Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by jebba View Post
The problem is that even if you had man, you wouldn't get the man pages because HAM is set up to not install docs and manpages to save space.
That is (or at least, was) docpurge's job.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Munich, Germany
In first, it was a space issue. What I did was to softlink /var/cache/apt/archives to /opt/archives (worked). But still the package installation process (probably decompressing or sth) filled up my rootfs, somewhere in /var , so I also softlinked /var which worked (enough space now). But somewhere in the middle of the installation - there was still enough space, I checked all the time - the device just restarted and like I said - it didn't come up anymore.
Maybe I should have mounted /var proberly with fstab instead of softlinking it...

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Ahha I did exactly what you did. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=802 I was luckier in my efforts whilst typing df / in a second terminal and faffing around hoping to keep it moving. It turned out okay for me thankfully.

The Following User Says Thank You to damion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Munich, Germany
Does anybody know whether mounting /usr makes the system eventually slower? If it doesn't this would be a quite good permanent solution for getting rid of space problems.

anyone knows how to hack the sip application?
looks like rtcomm is doing the sip
and i found the sip account settings in .rtcom-accounts/accounts.cfg

but ... if i change things here .. disabling and enabling my sip account cancels all my changes
i need to set the info the caller id should send
anyone knows how i could hack these setings and how to add the caller id settings?

thank you!

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I was going to start a thread just like this.. But you beat me to it!

I was thinking how am I going to start this.. But you have almost everything I need on there.. Thanks!!

i added this bug
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7789

please ... vote for it .. maybe someone can fix this before until we can figure out a solution on our own

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Imperial College London
Originally Posted by BlueGene View Post
Does anybody know whether mounting /usr makes the system eventually slower? If it doesn't this would be a quite good permanent solution for getting rid of space problems.
I think this would be a risky plan!

Without knowing the boot sequence you risk /usr not being mounted when something stored in there is required. I think that's what /bin is for(?) so that shouldn't happen, but unless you're happy with dealing with the potential problems this might cause I'd proceed with extreme caution...

Cheers,
Jan

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Well... I would like to change the way USB connection is handled. Now, to turn off "Mass Storage Mode" and continue USB charging, you need to take out the cable. It doesn't improve longevity of USB port. It would be better to be able to disconnect from Mass Storage Mode without pulling cable out.

There is /usr/sbin/osso-usb-mass-storage-disable.sh which could be used for this. But I don't want to go to X Term and call this sh again. I would like it to be integrated into Status Menu.

In Status Menu status of USB is shown by usb_plugin.so. It's a ELF file. Thus, it is compiled from some source. Where can this source be found to modify it? I don't want to start from scratch. I know it will not crash whole system, but still...

The modification would be small and useful, maybe, somebody has already done it?

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
No more collection
is this thread closed
btw nice work guys