Anyone got any details, in % on the performace and battery life increase yet? just basic stuff, .

i noticed the sound increase but the quality, i am not too fond of with option 1. ..

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I have installed Option_1 and now my volumes are REALLY quiet even at maximum volume...
I used the restore script and then lowered the volume to minimum, and ran Option_1 again but still the same.
Even if I retore back, the volume is super quiet, How do I get it to be louder again?

UPDATE: Got my volume back after I replaced the files in "/home/user/MyDocs/PulseAudioPatch/Restore" with files in "/home/user/MyDocs/PulseAudioPatch/Backups/Restore" and then running the restore script. Phew.

UPDATE2: Umm. This script definitely makes the volume much quieter than default. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by jakiman; 2010-10-19 at 04:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shazzy84 View Post
Thanks gsirit, editing the alsamixer fixes it, but controlling the increase and decrease of the volume levels still remains an unsolved problem. Even after you edit the volume level using the command line: alsamixer -c 0 to the volume you want, I still cant control the increase or decrease of volume. Not sure why though.
Ok, I see what you mean, you could do this:
1) Go to the Patch_1 or Patch_2 folder (whichever you're using) inside the PulseAudioPatch, and open the file "lineout.parameters" with vi or your favorite editor.

2) Find this line (line #18):
Code:
x-maemo.alsa_sink.mixer_control = "HP DAC:off,Headphone:off,Earphone:off"
and replace "off" in Headphone with "control" (without quotes)

Reapply the patch/script and that should do it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gsirit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gsirit View Post
1) Go to the Patch_1 or Patch_2 folder (whichever you're using) inside the PulseAudioPatch, and open the file "lineout.parameters" with vi or your favorite editor.

Code:

Thanks, that fixes it

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Actually the control values are mixed up overall in both scripts. If you replace the x-maemo.alsa_sink.mixer_control line from the backup scripts in the new ones and then reapply, the headphones volume will be controllable again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ stockton
both options make my phone a little quieter shame
using a uk model titans kernal havent used mohammads patch
hopeing i can get this working phone speakers were louder in pr 1.1 miss being able to hear my music clearly

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
i installed the patch and will test it, once i can see changes, i will report here.

/edit: the sound is much better than before, i mean, i have more and better bass. I am using Sennheiser CX400 II and the bass was a really big **** before and now,everything sounds awesome ! thanks a lot will look forward to finally have a battery runtime of more than 6 hours.

Last edited by tebsu; 2010-10-19 at 12:23.

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier, I have no net at home. I have to use my schools net. So it may sometimes take days to reply.

Regarding the headphones problem, judging from the results, the problem definitely stems from the diferent phone models, i do not have the problems you guys describe. But I think I can solve that prob.

Felow hackers may have to upload their Backups filess of the different models for me to fix the prob. Or better yet, look at my files and values I changed. Determine the prob, fix the prob urself and upload file for users to enjoy. I would give credit and place it in the first post.

Good news is that I was able to get better results, more bat life speed and soound without any downfall. I would upload it later today, but i have to change some values again because of the reported problems. Thanks for all those who helped!

Ok just updated patch two, If you used the older script before...

Remember to make a copy of the Backups folder anywhere where else but in the PulsePatches folder, If you have used my older patches. You do not want to loose those files!....

This patch increases the effects of Option_2. Battery, speed and responsiveness is much better than Option_1. I also tried to make it sound better. Plz try Option_2

I also tried to address the low volume prob with these patches. Testers plz, if you still get low vol, or no headset control prob, let me know. I believe i can fix the prob, but it may make the patches slightly less effective. So I need more feed back on these patches.

Edit: Although you don't have to, Please restart to experience the full effects of the patches and set capture vol to 0 in alsa mixer.

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-10-19 at 20:15.

Originally Posted by gsirit View Post

Code:

Worked like a charm- thanks gsirit. And thanks SavageD for the script.
Ive noticed an increase in speaker sound- always a plus for me since the N900 speakers arent so loud to begin with.
testing for battery performance now with the music on.