Active Topics

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Connecticut, USA
I did a very broad search on google for "bluetooth keyboard." Saw this novelty, and honestly, I'm half tempted to get it when tax return comes in. It's a Bluetooth Laser Virtual Keyboard. OS2008 isn't listed under compatible software, though. It says it's the size of a matchbox, so if it DOES work with the ITTs, I will definitely be picking one of them up.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ The Great White North
I bought one about six months ago and I have mixed feelings about it. The good is the size and the novelty. The bad is the price (I paid 180.00 US) and the quirkyness. It would be more accuarate to call it a Laser Projected Sound Detected Bluetooth Keyboard. Because the ultrasound sensors are detecting your finger positions, a lot of errors arise when you first use the keyboard. After training yourself to keep your wrists directly over the keyboard and attacking from above does your typing get better (These are my results, your mileage my vary.)I also find it to be a bit uncomfortable after 10-15 minutes of use. Also the laser isn't strong enough to projest in sunlight or very bright light. It also doesn't like some surfaces. My kitchen table for one. I'm sorry if I am ranting a bit but IMHO an IGo or Stowaway protable Bluetooth keyboard is a much better investment

The Following User Says Thank You to electrolind For This Useful Post:
I would have to agree with electrolind. The reviews on this product basically categorize it's use as purely a gimmick given it's relatively poor performance and it's expensive price tag. Caveat Emptor my friend. I have to admit it looks totally cool but the "Wow" factor just isn't worth the investment due to it's overall lack of functionality.

I just bought a iGo Ultra Slim BT Keyboard and it's one of the best investments you can make in the N800. It's small, very portable and it just bloody works.

Crouching Hamster

The Following User Says Thank You to sirhunter2010 For This Useful Post: