@knobby

Linux is free and Open Source, so it's not unfair. Unless You're telling us...

Originally Posted by knobby
hey but this is really unfair...people who have linux can take the benefit of n900 and others using windows and too lazy to install linux natively or via virtual machine cannot enjoy n900...?
...then, yes Now please Got To Find Out, and let freemangordon focus on seriously important posts/matters.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-09-25 at 16:40.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Hey buddy, pls knock it off. This is some serious bussiness going on. And you are just bi***ing about some stupid reason. It's not hard to install ubuntu, do the procedure and then come back to windows.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
chill down dudes ...its okay...take it easy...thanks for ur advices...but being a new user i keep a mile away from dangers...

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
@knobby

...then, yes Now please Got To Find Out, and let freemangordon focus on seriously important posts/matters.
haha...really i m too lazy...lol

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
@knobby

ahahaha nice one Estel
GTFO = Go To Find Out = ****

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
I just can't wait! I can't believe I'm using my Intel Atom powered netbook to install this! I will be postiing a video as soon as I finish. I will also create a script that replaces the libraries back to the original ones when camera-ui launches and use it, but I don't think this will be of any importance as freemangordon kindly noted that he'll pursue this project and fix all glitches.

BTW VMWare is a really easy virtual machine to use for all the newbies asking out there. I would frankly say that the script will never work for windows because of the crappy filesystem windows uses, or you might find your way out once a pirate gets his hands on the files...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Thanks freemangordon, this is awesome! By the way, when/if glitches with camera-ui get fixed, will it be possible to record videos in higher resolution?

/Estel
Check this .
It is recorded via gst-launch, so do not expect miracles, but anyway, it is 1024/720

EDIT:
this is gstreamer pipeline used to create the file

gst-launch-0.10 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video0 !video/x-raw-yuv,width=1296,height=984 ! videoscale!video/x-raw-yuv,width=1024,height=720!videorate!video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=30/1!dsphdmp4venc !avimux!filesink location=test.avi

Last edited by freemangordon; 2011-09-25 at 18:06.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
- What profiles will/does it support?
- Does this mean that there's better support for 360p & 480p?
Many 360p mp4 videos are "main" so require MPlayer with the original setup and re-encoding on-device seems impossible. The result is frequent de-sync'ing of audio & video when video isn't h/w acc'd.
I think most mpeg4/h264 profiles are supported. Files from here are playable (excluding test4, but it does not play on my desktop too). I am able to play H264 videos which are unplayable with stock codecs, etc, etc.

- Why is kp48 required, apart from needing to set the freq of the GPU?
It is needed because of the updated DSP driver.

- Does this new implementation allow for any other functionality which was also masked by the original (duff) version? Including v-sync, OpenCL or, perhaps ... well I won't say it too loudly ... N9's flash-plugin?
No AFAIK.

- To what extent are these items in "testing" and to what extent are they "all we're getting"?
Excluding camera-ui which seeks non-existent gstreamer codec and is easily fixable, I did not find any other problem so far.

Off topic but related: how does kp48 fair with extkb, especially number keys etc?
Not related to kernel in any way

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 178 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Mira (Venice) - Italy
How about integrate it in the next kp or CSSU?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vento For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Just rebooted, wow.
I am seeing but can't believe. Where are all the ranters about 720p video playback, I just want to see one to tell him, in your fkin' face!

Video playback is s
mooth and very good quality playback is produced. I am using KP48 with the ideal profile and the dsp rate set at 600 (does it really have the effect?) and everything is quite silky so far.

@demolition KP48+ is required since pali merged freemangordon's patched latest dsp drivers by TI, KP has the 720p drivers.

I am uploading a video to YouTube right now, may take about 2 hrs. to finish. All of what I can do is to thank freemangordon and all other people involved, you're the true reason behind the success of this brilliant device. And @knobby, you're a waste of your father's sperm! :P

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player