Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Hi
Please make the playback stop if there's a call: now it runs in the background, you don't hear it but it does run. You cannot continue from the point you started before the call in any other way than rewinding

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Hi
Please make the playback stop if there's a call: now it runs in the background, you don't hear it but it does run. You cannot continue from the point you started before the call in any other way than rewinding
Confirming.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Maybe it's already been asked, but may I suggest an option in settings that makes OMP the default player?
Is it too early for the current stage of development?
I know about the tweak described in the wiki (edit "/usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.nokia.mediaplayer.service"), but wouldn't it be more straightforward to add a simple checkbox?
Although it could be convenient, It's just a media player, so editing system files doesn't quite fit into the application.

Announcement:
OMP is now present on Transifex: http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/...t-mediaplayer/. If you're one of the translators, consider using that to update your translation (it's got nice progress bars and maybe other features and I can download all translations with one command ). Even if you decide to keep posting updates in this thread, it still might be useful to track the progress.

If you're interested, send me a PM with your Transifex username -- I'll create a language team and add you. To make a new translation, simply use the "Request a new team" button.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
There is a bug with latest version:
1. play video
2. touch screen, GUI appears
3. pause video, using center button
4. unpause video, using the same button
5. when playback starts again, whole GUI stays on screen but it should behave like in stock Media Player - should disappear.

There are some problem with thumbnails - sometimes, after video playback they aren`t generated/refreshed for that file, showing black square instead of the last played frame. I had to use stock Media Player to play file and generate thumbnail so it showed again in OMP.

Originally Posted by artpra View Post
There is a bug with latest version:
1. play video
2. touch screen, GUI appears
3. pause video, using center button
4. unpause video, using the same button
5. when playback starts again, whole GUI stays on screen but it should behave like in stock Media Player - should disappear.
Man, this is much far-stretched It's really not a issue to touch screen again (outside buttons) and make buttons disappear...

To be honest, stock behavior here was very irritating, so it's not a bug, it's a feature

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
It worked like that (disappearing GUI like in stock player) before and it was better imo. But sure, no biggie.

Solution - make it configurable

Anyway, I still think it's somewhat low priority.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Sevastopol, Cremea, Ukraine
about settings:

*open whole folders

what is it doing?

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by wow23 View Post
about settings:

*open whole folders

what is it doing?
When you open a song from FileBox or another filebrowser, the whole folder will be added to the "now playing" playlist not just the one you selected. This way you can create playlists from folders.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
on Lyrics Page, UI should minimize and push thumbnail to a side so lyrics are covering 90% of the page in portrait mode

swipe from right to left OR left to right toggles to next page. Now was this actually added and if it was, shouldn't left to right actually take it back to the previous toggle.

Main Play Song Windows -> Playlist/Album list of songs -> Lyrics (if enabled).

Entertainment view is quite awesome. Lyrics are not enabled on that view though, only works in landscape for now.

Videos should automatically go to landscape. Its a shame to pick n900 and rotate it for now.

Great work overall

Last edited by niqbal; 2011-11-22 at 14:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse