Posts: 9 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Oslo, Norway
Hi. You can grab the sources from https://github.com/jpnurmi/eversome. There are three dependencies; Edam, Thrift and Boost. The first two are included as Git submodules, and the last one is included as a .deb package. See README.md for instructions how to tackle the dependencies. Otherwise it's just a matter of building it with the Nokia Qt SDK.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jpnurmi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Lebanon
Originally Posted by jpnurmi View Post
Hi. You can grab the sources from https://github.com/jpnurmi/eversome. There are three dependencies; Edam, Thrift and Boost. The first two are included as Git submodules, and the last one is included as a .deb package. See README.md for instructions how to tackle the dependencies. Otherwise it's just a matter of building it with the Nokia Qt SDK.
how to get the deb file !!

Hi jpnurmi,

I just succeeded to install Qt Sdk on a Ubuntu VM, and then compiled Eversome successfuly right into my N9. (it's incredible to deploy a compilation right into an handset ! Never done that before ).

The app is very good so far, and the open-source flag on it is just awesome

First I have a few questions:

- It seems that Eversome does not work offline right now. At least, it doesn't seem to download notes on first launch, just the headers. But it seems that when a note is read (meaning content shown on screen) then the content is downloaded and ready for offline use. Am I correct ? Or is note content deleted after closing the app ?

- I would also like to know if you think you're gonna release an offline feature ? And as a matter of fact, more features at all ?

So much for the questions. Now I want to tell you that I'm ready to help in any way I can. I tried to look into the code but C++ is somewhat not in my known languages so I don't know if I can help in this area... although I would love to, to add features and such by myself and contributing would be really neat Anyway, I'm a web designer, with strong knowledge on UI interfaces and design. So if you need me, I'm here to contribute

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sandy_locke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Pakistan
@sandy_locke

Can you provide the .deb that you have compiled?

Originally Posted by khan.orak View Post
@sandy_locke

Can you provide the .deb that you have compiled?
Here it is : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53739998/Ha....0.1_armel.deb

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sandy_locke For This Useful Post:
@jpnurmi

This is a very good early attempt at the app development. Kudos.

Hoping to see more features soon

And a "thank you" for the .deb ? No ?

The Following User Says Thank You to sandy_locke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sandy_locke View Post
Here it is : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53739998/Ha....0.1_armel.deb
Thanks for the .deb! Is there a 'make new note' function? I couldn't find it. If there isn't, I would ask for that feature to be prioritized. This is an awesome beginning.

Originally Posted by sandy_locke View Post
And a "thank you" for the .deb ? No ?
@sandy_locke

Oh, Sir, if you haven't already noticed, I hit the Thanks button the moment you provided the deb

I don't mind positing another post for thanking you.

Thank you for providing the .deb file

Originally Posted by khan.orak View Post
@sandy_locke

Oh, Sir, if you haven't already noticed, I hit the Thanks button the moment you provided the deb

I don't mind positing another post for thanking you.

Thank you for providing the .deb file
Oups, sorry. Didn't even know there was a thanks button ! I'm new to this forum, so I assume I'll have to adapt to its custom and habits

The Following User Says Thank You to sandy_locke For This Useful Post: