Notices

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Finland
But... I think I was able to receive encrypted messages before... I noticed this problem just after SepiPerez quitted developing whatsup?

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
@Saurus, you can receive all the messages as long as you never try the Android version of the app.

If one day you tried the Android app, the Whatsapp servers sends you encrypted messages that you are not able to decrypt if you are no longer using the Android (and iOS?) app.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Hi all ...

it seams that Whatsup has stooped working for me today. I still can receive messages but I can't send (red indicator). I'm on v0.1-10 and live in Germany around Frankfurt ...

Anyone with similar problems?

Best,

Try this:

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I smell a new update found over here:
whatsup-0.2-1-armv7hl.rpm
(click on the orange "Download Now" button that's on the right side of that page)

Edit:
This update does not contain the "receiving encrypted messages" yet.

Edit2:
Noticed that the app starts a LOT faster then before.
It syncs contacts with fw 1.1.9.28 now
Works great for me.

@mdosch: thx I must have missed that

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Spock112 View Post
Hi all ...

it seams that Whatsup has stooped working for me today. I still can receive messages but I can't send (red indicator). I'm on v0.1-10 and live in Germany around Frankfurt ...

Anyone with similar problems?

Best,
Hi,

yes I live in Germany (Bavaria) and Whatsapp hasn't worked today. Now I updated Whatsapp until 0.2-1 and I can send / receive the messages again

Hey,

as another German with problems, i would like to update to 0.2.1, but the file doesn't exist anymore in zippyshare. Does anybody have another link?

Regards
Jeris

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Jeris123 View Post
Hey,

as another German with problems, i would like to update to 0.2.1, but the file doesn't exist anymore in zippyshare. Does anybody have another link?

Regards
Jeris
the link works try again

Originally Posted by Jeris123 View Post
Hey,

Regards
Jeris
I had the same problem on my PC. It worked when I tried with the standard web browser on the jolla phone.

It not work for me. Cannot register my number. The buttons sms and call me not working. What I am doing wrong?

Before I used Whatsapp on Andoid and Iphone. I even delete my whatsapp account, but looks nothing helps.
I got the idea that only users that register before and already used whatsup before can use whatsup again.

If Ik look in the terminal I see this output:

SMS
[w] unknown:285 - file:///usr/share/whatsup/qml/pages/RegisterPage.qml:285: TypeError: Cannot call method 'substring' of undefined

CallME
[w] unknown:308 - file:///usr/share/whatsup/qml/pages/RegisterPage.qml:308: TypeError: Cannot call method 'substring' of undefined

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup