Hi friends,
I am facing a problem of downloading files while browsing on n900. Today I was browsing and tried to download a small pdf file (< 1 MB). The downloads option of the browser was stuck at 0% forever. It just didn't go any further. I waited for a loooong time before closing it. I was browsing over wifi. I was perfectly able to surf and chat. Then why cant I download? Same problem I faced when trying to download from ovi store.

Please help!!

sounds much more like a server side issue than your phone... then again, you said you were on wifi... dunno if it is possible, but a lot of enterprise wifi connections have a download managers installed on their gateway to prevent viral files from getting through, what kind of wifi is it?

I have the same problem but while download on 2G GPRS Internet.. However not on the wifi..

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
There are many sites on the Internet and some of them are slower than others. Unless you find that you can never download small files from anywhere, I would assume that a problem like you describe has to do with them, not you or your device.

I can confirm the problem. But to me it seems it's just the progress counter not updating because the downloaded file was in my documents folder.

I wonder if there are any download accelerators available for the N900 like the Free Download Manager for the PC?? That would help to a gr8 extent..

I have not been able to download any file from any site, over wifi as well as 2G GPRS. The progress bar always shows 0% and the file doesnt get downloaded. I wouldnt assume its a problem with my internet since I am able to browse perfectly on n900.

Any suggestions/solutions?

Originally Posted by nishant.iim View Post
I have not been able to download any file from any site, over wifi as well as 2G GPRS. The progress bar always shows 0% and the file doesnt get downloaded. I wouldnt assume its a problem with my internet since I am able to browse perfectly on n900.

Any suggestions/solutions?
Try to clear your browser cache & try again.. If that doesnt work try to reflash your device & try again..

Hopefully that world work..

Originally Posted by vivek5000 View Post
Try to clear your browser cache & try again.. If that doesnt work try to reflash your device & try again..

Hopefully that world work..
I have already reflashed. Didnt help

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
did you flash the fiasco AND THE EMMC???

Nobody likes us but we dont care....