Posts: 22 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by venomousweb View Post
this one should be better.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zeouaxukatyk0q9
Thanks! I think it is complete now as /var is listed as last directory in the tree.

Ok, this is my review based ONLY on what i see there, so I may be perfectly wrong:

It looks like a complete chroot (probably even bootable?) of some sort of debian with gnome. It includes several security tools, ie:

Msf3, SET, a exploits database, karmetasploit, kismet, tor (torproxy, torscanner, etc), full aircrack-ng suite, lorcon, wifizoo, traceroute, strace, wireshark, a neopwn gui, amap, netcat, ettercap, nping, hping3, p0f, etc...

So yes, it is exactly what was expected to be, even if very alpha considering many other straight-to-compile tools are missing, BUT....

... it also includes a compiler so here's where everyone can just download the sources of any tool you need and just fill the gap. <- HINT: In a previous post i give a list of tools that need NO modifications to compile, and there are MANY more.

Now, if only the injection driver was CONFIRMED to consistenly work... :P

The Following User Says Thank You to appnss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by hawaii
Our wl12xx driver already uses the mac80211 stack. The Android driver did not. RFMON always worked on the downstream wl1251 driver - it just wasn't clean or stable. David / lxp fixed that, fixed channel camping and also created the injection patch that's incorporated in NeoPwn.
Yes, I am aware of the work done by lxp and he has my respect for that. That's the only reason I still think that perhaps the testers have just been very unlucky or something in neopwn is broken that is not allowing stable injection.

I am fairly certain that the Hero built modules (which were done back in 2009) do not incorporate any patches that remove the BSSID association for clear-to-send which is one requirement, among many, for live injection to work.
I have never played with a hero, but from what I have read, teknologist patches did in fact enable live injection, ie:

http://android.modaco.com/content-pa...hero/page/340/

It also seems that injection patches for wl12xx have already been included in compat-wireless but I don't know what modifications would be needed to make it work on N900. it also seems that wl1251 in hero is using SDIO.

Again, I am talking just from what I read, and perhaps I didn't get it right.

I'm no longer taking sides. Pay the $40 or wait until it goes live - whenever that might be.
Yep, if it wasn't because I have a final deadline on 10 september for a project I would have already do... but more things to play would be the worst thing that could happen to me at this time :P

I assumed wl1251 never hit upstream. compat-wireless with the aircrack-ng.org patch would be the best place to start. But wl1251 still need the patch; stack and radiotap need converted/adapted patches for 2.6.28.10 unless the previous version works.

some of the kids on that board don't know what they're talking about. I see them confusing RFMON with live injection, and only briefly mentioning it.

sdio is a non-sequitur on the N900. The Hero has different hardware.

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Well, given that we're using a driver of the same name,.with practically the same size, and the same entries in /sys/, this certainly begins to look like a derived work from here. Any chance someone could strings it?

I'll attach the results of
Code:
strings /lib/modules/2.6.28-omap1/wl12xx.ko > 2.6.28-omap1_wl12xx.ko.strings.txt
strings /lib/modules/2.6.28.19power40/wl12xx.ko > 2.6.28.10power40_wl12xx.ko.strings.txt
for reference.
A bunch of stuff is just interfacing and needs to be the same, but e.g. error messages won't all be the same, unless it's copied (and I sadly have little doubt left).

Originally Posted by badfusion View Post
sorry my friend but owner of project make reclamation for donation to give he's program for free u think that is moral or ethical ??????? i don't think so and for the programer of the injection drivers who as pay for hes working by the owner project , one more time sorry my friend im coding for backtrack devel if u use backtrack do u pay me ????? no of course.
and do u take money if u're kernel developper for all nokia n900 user when his update by extra-devel ??? i think u can make ur mind more open if u're in obligation to make a donation for use ur download program in extra-testing or extra-devel
Even if I could fully understand whatever vaguely English-like language just flooded.my display, I think I'd find nothing I'm interested to discuss -- did you even read my last paragraph? I'm not trying to claim anything about "moral or ethical" -- I'm just pointing out that, legally, redistributing this has nothing in common with sharing legitimate open-source software licensed as such by the copyright holder, and everything in common with redistributing proprietary/commercial software against the author's/rights-holder's will.

If you disagree with that statement of legal fact, please explain why I'm wrong. If you agree regarding the legal situation, but feel you're ethically, morally, or otherwise justified. then I've already said I don't care to join the argument for or against you -- how hard is that to understand?
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2.6.28-omap1_wl12xx.ko.strings.txt (9.4 KB, 345 views)
File Type: txt 2.6.28.10power40_wl12xx.ko.strings.txt (9.7 KB, 400 views)

Last edited by Benson; 2010-09-02 at 02:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Benson, I think he just lumped together our two posts, since I made a moral claim about implicit agreements with the maker of the work, while you you made a legal claim, and either due to lack of mental diligence or just an honest mistake, his mind mixed/confused the two.

I would have continued from his statements, but as much as I'd want to, this is not the place for an ethical debate.

Sorry to say, but from all my testing - the packaged driver does not properly inject. Unless the shipped modules that are not installed, need to be - this is a very broken beta.

EDIT: K, as stated - the modules that come prepackaged for power40-wl1 do not support injection. However, the straggling modules included with the gzip DO.

TEST injection is working 100%.

Last edited by hawaii; 2010-09-02 at 12:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ behind your firewall
after installing the modules from neopwn, injection is working!

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
Originally Posted by percypogi View Post
after installing the modules from neopwn, injection is working!
modules???

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ behind your firewall
Originally Posted by hellnick View Post
modules???
check pm, load modules.

So - as I imagined. The dangling modules need to be installed - why these aren't pre-packaged, is completely beyond me.