at least I think it is... wont damage the screen, fits in snugly. you know, one of those tiny straws people use to stir tea or coffee.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to q335r49 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Wow, that was cool...

It does fit, but it bends. You should fill it with glue or something.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

I voted for this as "Best Thread Title Of The Week." Thanks. It was a funny way to start my morning.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
I've honestly found that the best replacement , or rather a way not to lose the stylus in the first place is to get a pen/pencil/stylus combe and always keep that with ya. At least you can replace those if lost.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Funny, we usually use a small spoon for that here. But at American fast food restaurants these straws are used indeed. They're plastic and usually white AFAICT.

Example

(Found via images.google.com -> fill in coffee straw)

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
I voted for this as "Best Thread Title Of The Week." Thanks. It was a funny way to start my morning.
Where do we vote for this? I looked on the Free Prizes page and the Windows Mobile for N810 download page but couldn't find anything about Best Thread Title of the Week voting.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Where do we vote for this? I looked on the Free Prizes page and the Windows Mobile for N810 download page but couldn't find anything about Best Thread Title of the Week voting.
Pardon my ignorance. In America we have these things... I think the technical term is "polling places." Mine is just across the street. I do all my voting there. I don't trust computers.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Around here, coffee shops either have wooden sticks or little brown straws that have been pressed in the middle ( 8 shaped cross section)...

example of the "8" cross section (and an improbably small coffee cup):

Wooden sticks used by most cafe's in Vancouver:

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Around here, coffee shops either have wooden sticks or little brown straws that have been pressed in the middle ( 8 shaped cross section)...

example of the "8" cross section (and an improbably small coffee cup):

Wooden sticks used by most cafe's in Vancouver:

I'm in New England (Massachusetts in particular) and the coffee straws I see around here are precisely as you've described them. I'm not sure I've ever seen a coffee stirrer that I'd want to use as a stylus.

Over here cups are made of stone and spoons with baby raptors' bones. I wouldn't trust that with my screen...

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post: