Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Not very tweakable with the sandboxing I'd say. I'm using it as a second phone alongside N9. The browser is the best there is, though.

Oh, and I really miss Swype there - the BB10 keyboard is good, but still lacking (and still doesn't support my native language keyboard layouts)...

Last edited by Bundyo; 2013-06-18 at 05:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ India
Yea... I miss the openness of Nokia N9 however I am fine with the keyboard as I have not used to the swype much.

The browser is best when it is open however I hate it as it can not load page when minimized and running in background. N9 was so good at it

Till now okay with it but there are hope that company is supporting it and it will see more upgrades and hopefully the experience will get better along the way.

Love to hear more from you about it.

Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to kumary For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Actually RIM is getting BB10 and their tablet heavily into gaming:
http://www.gameplay3d.org
http://www.scoreloop.com/acquisition/
both cross platform, opensource goodness

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Blackberry 10 macht E-Mail-Passworte für NSA und GCHQ zugreifbar
english summary at the end of the page

excerpt

When you enter your POP / IMAP e-mail credentials into a Blackberry 10 phone they will be sent to Blackberry without your consent or knowledge. A server with the IP 68.171.232.33 which is in the Research In Motion (RIM) netblock in Canada will instantly connect to your mailserver and log in with your credentials. If you do not have forced SSL/TLS configured on your mail server, your credentials will be sent in the clear by Blackberrys server for the connection. Blackberry thus has not only your e-mail credentials stored in its database, it makes them available to anyone sniffing inbetween – namely the NSA and GCHQ as documented by the recent Edward Snowden leaks. Canada is a member of the “Five Eyes”, the tigh-knitted cooperation between the interception agencies of USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, so you need to assume that they have access to RIMs databases. You should delete your e-mail accounts from any Blackberry 10 device immediately, change the e-mail password and resort to use an alternative mail program like K9Mail.

Clarification: this issue is not about PIN-messaging, BBM, push-messaging or any other Blackberry service where you expect that your credentials are sent to RIM. This happens if you only enter your own private IMAP / POP credentials into the standard Blackberry 10 email client without having any kind BER, special configuration or any explicit service relationship or contract with Blackberry. The client should only connect directly to your mail server and nowhere else. A phone hardware vendor has no right to for whatever reason harvest account credentials back to his server without explicit user consent and then on top of that connect back to the mail server with them.

Last edited by Leinad; 2013-07-18 at 11:57.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:

Tags
bb 10, blackberry