Looks good, and is responsive. But it seems to lack folder subscription management - without that, it won't replace claws in any corporate setting, as there is no access to shared or public folders.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
How does it notify you of new mail?

One of the features of the built in e-mail client that I'm digging is the LED blink and bringing the program to the app bar when new mail arrives. It will then show individual header info when the icon is selected. (3 new mails, 3 new blocks that can be selected or tapped off)

I'm getting used to the thing on my desktop or just charging in the family room... It has a purpose other than displaying the time.

Does Modest offer this feature?

Modest is a significant step forward... better use of display space, and I am guessing and have to check server logs but also better imap support. Great stuff!

bug; reply to mailing list (yahoo.groups) pulls in msg sender not maillist as it should by default.

long time mutt usr here.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Yes. It's slated to replace the built-in client, so it will end up just dropping straight in.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
How does it notify you of new mail?

One of the features of the built in e-mail client that I'm digging is the LED blink and bringing the program to the app bar when new mail arrives. It will then show individual header info when the icon is selected. (3 new mails, 3 new blocks that can be selected or tapped off)

I'm getting used to the thing on my desktop or just charging in the family room... It has a purpose other than displaying the time.

The LED does blink when you get new emails. When you click on the message to open though its a bit hit and miss, sometimes it opens sometimes it doesn't.

The Following User Says Thank You to mobiledivide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Marietta, GA, USA--Pombal, Portugal
Nokia reported back to me and said that if the developers keep up this good pace they will release the non beta official os2008 for the n800 by the end of December... i hope so, can't wait

bug; reply all only includes sender

Originally Posted by xPAKxMaster View Post
Nokia reported back to me and said that if the developers keep up this good pace they will release the non beta official os2008 for the n800 by the end of December... i hope so, can't wait
Don't count on it, what with the Christmas season and all. There will be a lot of "time off" for those employees between now and December 31st.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I have an unusual problem with Yahoo Mail.

For compatibility with an ancient mail provider.called rocketmail, when I log into Yahoo Mail, my user name is geneven.rm

Modest doesn't seem to know how to handle the .rm.

I have a non.rm account with Yahoo as well, and it seems to work fine.

Tags
mail modest