Active Topics

Why not install Beta 3? It's been out for a week or so now.

I had no problem upgrading to beta 3. Prior to the upgrade I did a sync to my PC. Then I installed the new VM and ran sync again. All programs and data were restored.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ the praeternatural tower
Originally Posted by refortin View Post
I had no problem upgrading to beta 3. Prior to the upgrade I did a sync to my PC. Then I installed the new VM and ran sync again. All programs and data were restored.
Did you uninstall the old version first? Or did you install the new VM on top of the old one?

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Mableton, GA USA
Originally Posted by refortin View Post
Why not install Beta 3? It's been out for a week or so now.

I can synch from GVM -> PC ... just not the other way.

I uninstalled the old version before installing the new beta.

The Following User Says Thank You to refortin For This Useful Post:
Yay! EZFtp 2.51 is my hero!

It turns out that I could use it to save my address, memo, DateBk3/6, Lockbox, and other bits of critical information from my old Beta 2 installation (after changing my 770's date to 11/01/2008) to a Filezilla ftp server that is running on my LAN, and recovery was as simple as installing EZFtp on the new beta and reversing the process.

Had to do it a file at a time, but it's a lot faster per file than using the GVM installer, and unlike the GVM installer it let me export the files to someplace else in the first place!

Can you get that version of EZFtp to do logins to non-anonymous accounts? Because that was the trouble I ran into when I tried EZFtp - I could never upload anything. IIRC I may have been able to log in but the ftp transfer never worked.

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Can you get that version of EZFtp to do logins to non-anonymous accounts? Because that was the trouble I ran into when I tried EZFtp - I could never upload anything. IIRC I may have been able to log in but the ftp transfer never worked.
Sorry for the long delay, but yes ... it works fine for non-anonymous FTP accounts. It tends to time out a lot when switching directories on the server, etc., but I can live with that.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcsteiner For This Useful Post:
beta 3 expires May 31 2009. Any ideas when to expect the next release?

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
OT: I think we're being used as guinea pigs to test the Palm Pre's "legacy" mode. But I'm still pleased to have this!

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
OT: I think we're being used as guinea pigs to test the Palm Pre's "legacy" mode. But I'm still pleased to have this!
I believe that too. From the videos it really seems they just got GVM and made motionApps distribute it (as potential scapegoat? if app X doesn't work on GVM: motion apps fault, not Palm's).

I hope they don't abandon us, though.

Tags
garnet, palm