Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Near Avignon, France
Hi everyone,

I have an N800 and a "Think Outside" Stowaway bluetooth kbd.

They used to work fine until I upgraded the OS on the N800 to OS2008 (2.2007.50-2).

Now, I can't get the keyboard to pair...
I open up kbd in control panel (I've tried also with bluetooth), and select new device. I power up the keyboard by pressing CTRL+both FN keys, and the N800 detects it.

I try to pair it by selecting, noting the proposed PIN and clicking OK. Before I have the slightest chance of entering the PIN in the KBD, it says "Pairing failed - Try again?".

Someone has any clue? Thanks!

Powering on the keyboard should be as simple as pressing any key.
I believe the CTRL and both function keys is to tell the keyboard to forget it's previous pairing and listen for a new connection.
You may need to remove the old entry in your paired devices on the n8x0

See the instructions here.

Thanks for the lead.

I've tried looking for an existing pairing to delete, but there isn't one (in bluetooth --> Devices).

The problem is that when the N800 starts pairing (after detecting the kdb, selecting it and clicking on "OK" on the dialog with the code) it fails instanctly (it takes about half a second to fail - I don't type so fast to enter the code into the keyboard in such a short time :-))

I've tried to leave the kbd without batteries for a couple of days...

The keyboard pairs without problem with my wife's laptop, and my n800 pairs with several things (laptop, cell phone, PDA).... I do not understand why they do not pair together????

Help?

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
I know I posted on how to fix this 'broken pairing' issue in the past...

[later...] ah, yes. here it is!

Last edited by briand; 2009-02-28 at 15:20. Reason: found the post, and referenced it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to briand For This Useful Post: