Active Topics

hi all,

i have sold a nokia n9 to an ebay buyer. as common practice, i wanted to clear the device of all things which had to do with my use.

i went to settings, reset, and clear the device. it said "clearing device" and i allowed it to do so and now when it rebooted itself i am getting this screen,

does anybody know what is going on here, and or what is the solution to this. i have to ship this phone out in the morning time.

thanks

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by asadkhan1988 View Post
hi all,

i have sold a nokia n9 to an ebay buyer. as common practice, i wanted to clear the device of all things which had to do with my use.

i went to settings, reset, and clear the device. it said "clearing device" and i allowed it to do so and now when it rebooted itself i am getting this screen,

does anybody know what is going on here, and or what is the solution to this. i have to ship this phone out in the morning time.

thanks
That sign is your friend... be patient it's still clearing... It's a good thing...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

thanks arie,

i was just nervous, as i could not send the buyer a faulty phone.

upon google search, this is just symbol of cleaning taking place.

You have to wait around 30 minutes.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by asadkhan1988 View Post
thanks arie,

i was just nervous, as i could not send the buyer a faulty phone.

upon google search, this is just symbol of cleaning taking place.
If it doesn't in 30-45 minutes, u might have a jailbroken device. I don't know if that's possible/there with N9s - but that's what happens with iPhones [if they aren't factory-unlocked].

just a few minutes after my initial reply to arie, the arrow disappeared and the phone is ready for a new loving home!

The Following User Says Thank You to asadkhan1988 For This Useful Post: