Notices

10 pages and i dont know how to using reaver and walsh on my cleven, i have installed cleven-experimental too... but i see the thread (and maybe the program) it's deleted.

how to?

Thanks Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to colla84 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
What's the latest working and tested version here? I have long time no play with reaver, and I am still on the 1.3 I compiled long time ago. Now I see various attached files in various threads, and also reports of non-working versions.

My own development environment is eh kinda offline, my mobo died. I have no idea how that could happen but that's offtopic anyway...

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Using version 88 (thanks, marc0s_h4f!), I was able to perform much more efficient attack on router, that in last tests, was repeating less and less reliably over time (I described it as going quickly to 1% or so, then, considerably loosing performance, so after 10 hours it was still 1,81%).

Now it's waring from 6 seconds/attemp (!) to 12-13, and in few hours I got 10% already. I think there are good chances, that it's going to be first "regular" WPS router cracked by me, by pure "reaver" method which is nice, as - otherwise - it's WPA2-AES, with damn-long-passphrase (no chances to crack it other way, ever).

/Estel
Estel, can you confirm this deterioration is happening with my bins? Also what arguments are you using? Just curious, as results vary so wildly it is hard to pinpoint the culprit (safe router, bad bins, wrong arguments...). Reaver dev seems to have stopped, so time for a package in repos I assume

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
Anyone feel like compiling the last version developed, 1.4r113?

Szopin, most of the time I use -S and -a.

Honestly, I can't confirm deterioration - as written in my further (than quotation) posts, many times reaver was working quite fast, but wasn't able to find correct PIN even @ 100%, so it cycled from 0 again. I got NFC why it's like that.

From a month or so I'm unable to crack any new (not exactly bran new) WPS router I'm trying, and I have no idea if it's caused by firmware upgrades released by vendors after Reaver fuss, bad implementation or Reaver, or just bad luck.

Summing it up, I'll happily test latest version packaged into repos - it could be only better, I hope

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Ok, was just wondering if this was a repeatable result. Haven't spent enough time to test this properly, but I do get results months after WPS bug coming-out, so unlikely all routers do firmware update seamlessly. If that was the case would expect zero results by now. The repeating of same PIN try for me in few routers was just a single argument fix, which is why I am assuming this can also impact results. Add to that possibility to use 2 N900s to lower the crack-time to 2h (maybe 4 for 1h? would need some bluetooth/wifi syncing of results and quite some development time/investment... or maybe just recompile code in one to count downwards? worth a think) and WPS is the new WEP (in some places I still get 6 WPS enabled networks for 8 appearing, wild wepst all around). As this is WPS or never (WPA) all results (even negative) are welcome

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
...Add to that possibility to use 2 N900s to lower the crack-time to 2h (maybe 4 for 1h? would need some bluetooth/wifi syncing of results and quite some development time/investment... or maybe just recompile code in one to count downwards? worth a think) ...
I might be wrong, but from what I understand a coordinated/multiple attack on the router will not give faster results. The bottleneck (in some cases on purpose) is the low processing power on the router and multiple or quicker attacks will saturate it and even block it completely.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
I might be wrong, but from what I understand a coordinated/multiple attack on the router will not give faster results. The bottleneck (in some cases on purpose) is the low processing power on the router and multiple or quicker attacks will saturate it and even block it completely.
Ok, going to try that tonight on my router (second N900 from 5000 upwards) at least the first half of attack (still can give 2h saving if succeeds), will post results.

Hi, can somebody create dsc & deb packages for reaver and push them to extras-devel?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
i would like to do it but i dont know which version in this thread

can any one please point me for the working one ?

./sifo
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Last edited by sifo; 2012-07-30 at 17:47.