Active Topics

Hello everybody,
Im kind of very happy of having this amazing compilation of hardware and software called n900.
But .... (there is always but )
Im often flying to different time zones and i always put details of my flights into calendar.
I put departure and arrival time (which is always local) onto n900 and it works great until I come to a destination, change my sim card and answer YES to a question which popup on my n900
Did You change time zone?
and then n900 is changing time on every meeting from a calendar.
So if i change a time zone to +1 my meeting goes from 1800 to 1900 and so on.
And in my opinion for a smartphone it is a very stupid thing to do.
Probably every other phone on a market has got the same issue but i dont care.
Does anybody know if there is a way to avoid it?
Maybe someone has wrote some code and i can choose that the time is local or not local while saving data in calendar?
or is it possible to block phone from adjusting time of my meetings just because ive changed a time zone?
I know i can just change only the hour not the time zone but this is supposed to be a smartphone.
any ideas?
thank you
long days and pleasant nights ...

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
It's the same with message timestamps / dates and everything else too. Is there a phone which doesn't? I remember my N73 already did so.

Even Outlook does this. It's pretty standard.

Originally Posted by nintendoeats View Post
Even Outlook does this. It's pretty standard.
Some earlier phone I had, forgotten which, gave me the option of not changing times of appointments when changing time zones.

When I am in time zone Alpha and enter the time of a meeting I will have in time zone Hotel I enter the time as a Hotel time. Not as a Alpha time. The switching time zone behaviour hat seems to be the standard is very annoying for me.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgium
According to me the switch is normal: if you have a conf call at a certain time, you do not want to miss the call. That's why the calendard adapts the schedule with the new time zone.

However I do confess that I have the same issue for return fly...