Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
No news. Which i suppose is bad news. But i can share what i know --

Zodttd is working on Iphone ports (boo!) and on his website/portal biz. The other psx4all contributors are undertaking big code rewrites to yield better dynamic recompilation, frameskipping and overall compatibility and performance.

It's a little frustrating; given psx4all's performance on gp2x at 290mhz, I'm pretty confident that the existing psx4all would be nicely playable on N800/N810 at 400mhz, though some work on memory and framebuffer optimization would be needed.

Zodttd has hinted that he might give me access to the source tree, but he's jusfiably hesitant since I don't offer the proven skills to be able to port a gp2x emulator to the tablets.

Given that there are excellent gp2x open-source emulators (SNES, Genesis) that none of us has yet ported to ITOS, what we need to do is show that we (someone reading this) can port a gp2x emulator to ITOS. My recommendation would be the SNES emu here: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...t=drpocketsnes

Source tarball is here: http://pupnik.de/DrPocketSnes_Nokia_The_Horror.tgz

Last edited by ArnimS; 2007-12-02 at 22:18. Reason: emphasis added

3 and a half weeks. That's it - 3 and a half weeks, and I'll be all over this.

My first priority platform is SNES - I want SNES emulation more than any other right now. GBA is a close second.

PSX is a distant dream that I cannot fathom. It would look beautiful on the N800 screen. But usable controls for games? Maybe the N800 USB port in host mode can supply enough current for a gamepad. If so, then yeah, after the first two, I'll help out where I can.

pupnik has me really wanting a N800. Is there a demand for psx4all on the N800? If so, I can get it put in the psx4all platform list.

EDIT: I see the price dropped for the N800! pupnik, #gp2xdev maybe?

Originally Posted by zodttd View Post
pupnik has me really wanting a N800. Is there a demand for psx4all on the N800? If so, I can get it put in the psx4all platform list.

EDIT: I see the price dropped for the N800! pupnik, #gp2xdev maybe?
I would love to play ff7 and maybe ff8 on the N800. I have my bluetooth gamepad (bgp100) just collecting dust waiting for it.

n800 pricedrop at tigerdirect

Last edited by jay8378; 2007-12-26 at 15:47. Reason: adding something

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
ZodTTD, u must be kidding bout the demand. We're sleeping and seeing PSX4all on IT's! I can barely eat and drink! =)) Well, to be serious, that would be very VERY much appreciated by all of us!
*ran for buying a wiimote* xD

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Silence from Datapath. Ha ha. :P er...

Anyway, n810 has plenty of buttons for psx. And any bluetooth keyboard is usable for the games. I really don't see the need for wiimote or bgp100.

Basically a bluetooth keyboard makes the whole tablet into a totally useful computer, and solves the lack of hardware buttons and the crippled dpad problem.

Maybe people who want psx can collect money for zodttd? There should be some online bounty/pledge site where we can contribute.

Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
Silence from Datapath. Ha ha. :P er...
I'm going through some hildon porting tutorials right now, and practicing by porting a webcam app called "cheese".

With that wrapped up, I'll be moving onto emulators ASAP.

So, I just put two and two together and got 4.

Hildon provides interfaces for saving application state. So if you tell a program to close, you can have it save state, and restore that state next time it's started.

Think about fbreader, continuing where you left off in the book you were in.

Save... state... hmmmm... emulators often provide save states. I could probably code in a special save state (so as to not stomp the normal user save states), so if you quit, next time you start the emulator, you get a "continue" button to pick right up where you left off.

Looking forward to the fruits of your work on this!

hi, ive just signed up here and noticed this thread, i just got an n800 a week or 2 ago and im pretty pleased with it, but getting ps1 working on the n800 would be very cool.
im also from the gp2x community, and thats where i found out about the n800 (http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?showtopic=36839)
i cant wait to see how this project develops it looks very promising.