I am planning to learn C++ or C to start developting computer/IT apps, but does anyone know of any good tutorials to start (particularly tablet development)?

I am looking through the Wiki now, and have Eclipse. I still haven't figured out how to enable certain plugins though.

EDIT:
I am also using Windows.

Last edited by pugboy; 2008-07-28 at 02:32.

do you know any other programing language, or are you beginning from scratch?? If you are new to this so am I.. but as far as tutorials there are hundreds of good ones.. just google learning C or C tutorials and you will be impressed on how much stuff will come up.. I was starting C++ on my lap top and sold it to get a N810.. What I found out this far is that there are extra steps if you wanna learn C or C++ on the IT(internet tablet) so I just decided to learn python instead.. just download the pyGTKeditor.. on the maemo.org under downloads/software development... I am having fun learning it and since I am doing it on the N810 and it fits in my pocket I practice all the time... just open the terminal and type python and you can start playing with python.. I am not using the pyGTKeditor yet because I haven't figured it out yet.. wish someone posted a tutotial step by step on that... hope this is any help from noob to noob... lol....

The Following User Says Thank You to renanholanda For This Useful Post:
I know VB, PHP + MySQL, HTML, pretty much the easy stuff :P

I tried Python before... I will look into pyGTKeditor. I was looking for a way to program on the IT.

Thanks for the tips

Yeah, starting with Python might be a bit better, but the language you learn to program with doesn't matter too much because there's quite a curve to learning the basic stuff before you get to the point that you're writing apps that you'd want to use. You should start by learning the programming basics, then choose a project and do what you can to implement a variety of functionality that doesn't really work, because your first big project won't actually be very usable If you write something you're interested in, though, you'll have the benefit of learning more about programming _and_ about the intricacies of something you might end up working on later. Just keep in mind that it will take a while.

As far as tutorials go, most of the big scripting languages have intro tutorials. Python has a free "book" as well in PDF (Think Python, I believe?). But the tutorials you need for intro programming are plentiful on the web, so just find one that works for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to andreww For This Useful Post:
It seems I can't get Python onto my n810 because I am using Diablo... Is there a way? It says something about "Could not get lock"...

EDIT:
I got a debian with Python in it

Thanks, I got the editor workng :P

Last edited by pugboy; 2008-07-28 at 04:44.

Assuming that you were using apt-get the message of "Could not get lock" could be because the application manager was open or you were not root.

The Following User Says Thank You to D'ohboy For This Useful Post:
:/

Oh. That was it :P

The Following User Says Thank You to pugboy For This Useful Post: