Active Topics

To make a long story short, I was experimenting dual boot setups with Ubuntu 10 and Windows 7. Decided to remove Ubuntu since I am now familiar with virtual machines. I felt really lazy being I am always on Windows so i just formatted and deleted the linux partition... Now when I reboot the computer, GRUB is flipping out and my MBR is nowhere to be found... I am giving a GRUB command prompt but nothing seems to work except " ls " which just shows my drives... How can I restore my booting automatically to Windows?
I've read online several solution concerning the Windows disc and entering windows command prompt to restore MBR but I dont have the disc with me until saturday and i cant wait that long... Isn't there a command i can enter from GRUB to tell it that Linux is gone? Or is there something I can do from a USB drive?

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Get yourself a SuperGrub disk and restore the Windows MBR from the SuperGrub LiveCD.

You`re aware there is such a thing as a forum for Ubuntu, right?

Yes I am, but I didnt feel like going thru the whole progress of registering an account just for one question... But thanks, Ill see if I can patch that SuperGrub into a USB. (Although it does indicate on the website it "tries" to repair the MBR as it is in Beta stage...)

But Thanks for your answer

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
That's a generous way of saying no guarantees are given

I've had more success than not, with SuperGrub, so good luck!

Oh, burning to a CD might work better, at least on some of my machines.