Amazon has now upped the price on the n900 to $609 from $559, which, as you might note is the exact amount offset by the $50 rebate. Amazon has already stated that those who had pre-ordered the N900 prior to the rebate announcement wouldn't qualify for it as the purchase data on the invoice is the date you placed the order, not the day they charge your card/ship it. Newegg is starting to look better by the day. Either that or just canceling outright and waiting for the dust to settle to decide whether I still want one. Nokia has really screwed the pooch on the N900 release and I am getting tired of all the drama.

price is back down to $559 before rebate.

Amazon.com has it right now for $529 right now! Plus the $50 mail in rebate comes done to $479!!! Thats a deal and a half!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nMIK-3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ California, USA
I also see $529, but I'm waiting for next year, anyways I think Amazon is better than others since they accept the unlocked phones for return if not satisfied.

Placing my 3rd Pre-order on Amazon right now !!

Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
Nokia has really screwed the pooch on the N900 release and I am getting tired of all the drama.
Would you prefer that they ship the phone with known issues, rather than fixing them before release? As I understand it, the delay occurred primarily because Nokia wanted to incorporate the feedback gained from the various developers who obtained devices, to improve the firmware shipped on the device. Given that, I applaud Nokia for making the decision to do the N900 release *right* rather than doing it *sooner*.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ California, USA
Originally Posted by josh View Post
Would you prefer that they ship the phone with known issues, rather than fixing them before release? As I understand it, the delay occurred primarily because Nokia wanted to incorporate the feedback gained from the various developers who obtained devices, to improve the firmware shipped on the device. Given that, I applaud Nokia for making the decision to do the N900 release *right* rather than doing it *sooner*.
I don't think it really matters, they could push an update if the firmware wasn't ready.

The Following User Says Thank You to giodelgado For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by josh View Post
no disrespect or anything but... paying nokia 500~600 dollars for a device... it damn better be right. I mean isnt that why people are ready to cough up the big bux for a device cus its "better" than any other device available at this point in time. I gotta back up those people who are upset with Nokia because of the piss poor communication and feelings of betrayal. From a marketing stand point the product fails, because how nokia delivers the product to the customer is actually PART of the product in itself.

Originally Posted by giodelgado View Post
I don't think it really matters, they could push an update if the firmware wasn't ready.
That won't repair the damage caused by not getting it right the first time. Sure, Nokia has a mechanism to fix bugs after the fact, but first impressions mean a lot.

Originally Posted by nMIK-3 View Post
Amazon.com has it right now for $529 right now! Plus the $50 mail in rebate comes done to $479!!! Thats a deal and a half!
http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-N900-Unl...dp/B002OB49SW/

They increased the price again????????