Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Congratulations to the new council, although agree with lma that a turnout of 205 non-empty ballots is very disappointing. Which leads on to...

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
That will have to be done by the current council.
I wouldn't hold your breath. There was no announcement when the voting finally got underway.

Handover
This is from memory, and needs to go into the wiki under the Council space - suggest any edge cases are identified and it updated :-)

I suggest X-Fade adds you to the Council group as quickly as possible so that a new member can announce the results whilst you work on an introductory post.

council@maemo.org can be changed to your email addresses straightaway. The usual handover period of a month from the old chair staying on it is met by SD69 being re-elected.

Although there's previously been discussion in this thread as to whether or not photos are important on the Council homepage, it needs updating either way.

There's also IRC cloaks to be updated, and markers in Bugzilla.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Congratulations to all the candidates and thanks to all the participants in the election.

I will try to do my best as a new Council member in the months coming.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ london
hmm i really wanted Arie Mark (Aries) to win oh well

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Congratulations to the new council, although agree with lma that a turnout of 205 non-empty ballots is very disappointing.
I wasn't send a token (yes i checked spam), probably because i didn't create a maemo.org account long ago enough/linked it to my TMO account, and/or because i have (expired) infraction on my profile.

Anyway, cheers for the winners and that we now have 2 more council members than before. (Hopefully also active ones, not that poor SD again is the only one like for the current period!)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
I would also like to congratulate all participants (either voting people or candidates, and, finally, nominated Councilors)!
---

Honestly, I didn't agree, that number of ballots is any kind of shame on the Community. After all, it was first election since 2010:
http://maemo.org/vote/
...and we all know about things that have changed since that time, about *everything* related to Council.

I'm absolutely sure that current Council is going to satisfy Community with took actions, which will result in return of voting importance (thus, increase number of ballots on next election).

Also, small side note - I don't belive that in 2010 we had 435 fully active Community members. Which, in turn, mean that currently, more involved people voted, vs guys that just have been registered, and voted "because I can", without any involvement in Maemo. After all, more aware voters are, the more responsible choices we're making.
---

Jaffa, huge thank You for describing handover process. It seems to me, that every new Councilor need to go:
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/council/
... and request to join. Also, it seems that SD69 is project admin, so no X-Fade actions is required during this step.

Who can add our e-mail addresses, to council@maemo.org alias?

Markers in bugzilla need probably X-Fade action (fixme?), but who is responsible for IRC cloaks? Channel operators?
---

SD69, could You please add brief info about election results to council's blog, with a note, that message from whole new Council is going to submitted soon?
---

I hope, that we can finish handover very quickly - after all, 6 months isn't very long, and there is much work to be done.

/Estel

// Edit

@don_falcone, You might want to confirm Your TMO settings - "Thanks" button disappeared for You. Also, I'm pretty sure we've - in practice - 4 Council members more than before, or if You prefer that, 5x more
---

I've updated first post of this thread.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-05-24 at 11:14.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Rotterdam, Netherlands
Congratulations to the new council members, all the best.

Proud owner of a Jolla smart phone
Check this out !
http://www.jollatides.com/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WilliePre For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Also, small side note - I don't belive that in 2010 we had 435 fully active Community members.
I think we did. Remember the community is far bigger than the people who post on TMO. There are people who are mostly on IRC, people who are mostly on mailing lists, developers building apps for maemo.org/downloads, users of maemo.org/downloads, etc.

It seems to me, that every new Councilor need to go:
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/council/
... and request to join. Also, it seems that SD69 is project admin, so no X-Fade actions is required during this step.
Possibly. It needs confirming if that's the actual group which controls posting to the council blog ;-)

Who can add our e-mail addresses, to council@maemo.org alias?
X-Fade.

Markers in bugzilla need probably X-Fade action (fixme?), but who is responsible for IRC cloaks? Channel operators?
I think X-Fade is the current contact on FreeNode. Bugzilla needs a bugzilla admin. Andre might still be able to do it.

Last edited by Jaffa; 2012-05-25 at 07:51. Reason: Typo

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US

Honestly, I didn't agree, that number of ballots is any kind of shame on the Community. After all, it was first election since 2010:
http://maemo.org/vote/
...and we all know about things that have changed since that time, about *everything* related to Council.
I am not greatly concerned. The community of people who care about maemo is now smaller than it was two years ago. Thanks to everyone who did vote.

SD69, could You please add brief info about election results to council's blog, with a note, that message from whole new Council is going to submitted soon?
---
I'll do it this weekend. Let's schedule a council meeting soon. I'm available at the necessary time (about 15:00 or 16:00 UTC) every day for the next week. Do we have any council members in far western hemisphere? Anyone farther east than Finland? Me and Woody are in Eastern US.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
I want to congratulate the winners and thank all those who voted, even though it wasn't for me apparently.

I want to thank X-fade for tabulating and posting the results.

I wish the new council to have the best of luck in helping move this community forward. I also hope the new council will have a lasting positive impact, not just for the next sixth months, but for many years to come.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jcharpak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
New Council elected?

"Ħi WOULD lik3 to file a FORMAL complaint!" :P

Break a leg, some boundaries and some taboos, Council. Good luck!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:

Tags
council, election, incommunicado, winding down