Notices

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
nope......just facebook ID and birthdays.
Have you got Facebook chat enabled? If so, presumably that's after merging the duplicates?

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Have you got Facebook chat enabled? If so, presumably that's after merging the duplicates?
nope......i disable facebook chat everytime i update contacts through hermes......

Okay i did a little experiment, i deleted one of my phone contacts that also have a facebook account. i re-enter the phone number, enable facebook chat, and update contacts via hermes (with birthday-only contacts checked)

Result: i have 2 copies of the contact. 1 phone contact, 1 facebook (birthday, nickname and ID) and 1 other facebook (facebook web link, facebook chat ID and nickname).

The reason being is, some of my contacts birthday-only kept duplicating. and need to merge them manually.
this issue stops replicating when i uncheck "birthday-only contacts" in updating via hermes.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2011-01-06 at 18:57.

Okay i did a little experiment, i deleted one of my phone contacts that also have a facebook account. i re-enter the phone number, enable facebook chat, and update contacts via hermes (with birthday-only contacts checked)

Result: i have 2 copies of the contact. 1 phone contact, 1 facebook (birthday, nickname and ID) and 1 other facebook (facebook web link, facebook chat ID and nickname).
What is the "firstname" and "lastname" of the contact you re-added? What is their name on Facebook?

What you write is expected behaviour if the name couldn't be matched.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
finally sync the birthdays

THANKS!

What is the "firstname" and "lastname" of the contact you re-added? What is their name on Facebook?

matched.
the contact i re-entered have the same firstname and lastname on its facebook account.

What you write is expected behaviour if the name couldn't be matched.
thanks......i did put the same nicknames and they all properly merged

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Göteborg, Sweden
The first part is being done well, however don't forget to undertake the testing & voting.
I think this is a general problem with the way the Maemo Community / application repository works. It's very off topic, but have you heard of any ideas on how to get round this? (Or improve participation?)

One way would be to enforce an application available in Extras-Testing only, which once a day looks for software versions you have installed, which hasn't been voted on to Extras yet, and pops up and asks the user to either vote up or down (or click the "I know I should, but I won't take part in this voting right now").

is the hermes problem sorted out yet?

Originally Posted by airjaff View Post
is the hermes problem sorted out yet?
it is, download the latest version 0.8.9.

if this app is still on extras-testing, please vote so this will be promoted to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
hey guys im trynna connect to hermes but it says "network connection error, vheck connectivity" what can i do.

N900: 3Gno wifi right now version 0.8.9

Originally Posted by typer0149 View Post
hey guys im trynna connect to hermes but it says "network connection error, vheck connectivity" what can i do.
Provide the info requested, vote & watch https://bugs.maemo.org/11741

Tags
application, birthday, contact, contacts, facebook, fremantle, hermes, information, jaffa, maemo, maemo 5, photo, photos, sync, synchronization, twitter, url, website