Active Topics

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Yeah but the more i look at MeeGO from Intel, the more I like it.
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13970_7-20032332-78.html

I'm going to buy an Intel MeeGO

I'm sure Intel will produce a good smartphone with their MedField chip hope to get better and faster than ARM and better power management as claimed. I'm all in. Sorry Nokia, Intel has won my money over their bravery

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Its not so gloomy.
The idea behind Meego, one unifiied infrastructure for all your electronic devices is pretty good and im confident that Intel or "Insert random phone maker here" will capitilise on it.

If not, there are alternatives dabbling in Linux based systems - HP Samsung or even Android and lets not forget Asia.
The one who makes touchscreen tablet/phone with a physical QWERTY keyboard and a decent OS can have my money.

For all of the recent converts, i wish you best of luck in the MS/Apple/Android world and may your consumer needs be met
Oh, i almost forgot.
Please don't bring all the FUD and doomsday talk to our door even though it might be demanded of you by your new religion
I kid...i kid.

Thanks

Last edited by Daneel; 2011-02-17 at 06:56.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poole, UK
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I actually felt the same way, but the ease of use of those huge, ugly blocks actually have started to win me over.
I agree, when I first saw it, I thought it looked horrible. But now, I think the OS makes iOS look dated!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to davidh101 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
[begin sarcasm]

The math is really simple, the numbers say it all:

Meego 1.2 < Android 2.3 < iOS 4.2 < Maemo 5 < WP7.

Elop sees it, why can't you?

[end sarcasm]

"The Cake Is A Lie"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on May 2010 @ NewYork
Originally Posted by mmurfin87 View Post
Maybe you should make your assertions with more clarity than "ZUNE-Fail". Zune is an umbrella brand for several services and devices.

Granted the Zune never took over the market for portable media players. That said, it sold MILLIONS and made LOTS of people very satisfied. Thats hardly a fail.

I'm not saying Zune is objectively and quantitatively awesome (although I subjectively believe so). I'm just saying its not a failure. The facts support me.
MS has discontinued the ZUNE today (Mar. 14, 2011)
ZUNE=FAIL

RIF->http://www.businessinsider.com/zune-2011-3

The Following User Says Thank You to deyons For This Useful Post:
"Maybe the unpleasant truth is that MeeGo really was too late and/or not good enough?"

My impression was that nokia want to sit alongside android and Ios as one of the big three mainstream mobile ecosystems, and they didn't believe MeeGo could take them there.

http://jedibeeftrix.wordpress.com/20...-qt-and-meego/

That said, I believe they intend to keep MeeGo as a 'niche' operating system in reserve.

Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
"Maybe the unpleasant truth is that MeeGo really was too late and/or not good enough?"

My impression was that nokia want to sit alongside android and Ios as one of the big three mainstream mobile ecosystems, and they didn't believe MeeGo could take them there.

http://jedibeeftrix.wordpress.com/20...-qt-and-meego/

That said, I believe they intend to keep MeeGo as a 'niche' operating system in reserve.
i believe someone inside believe WP7 will fail. and they keep it as backup plan.

its a small hope, but i am not touching anything with windowws

Originally Posted by jo21 View Post

its a small hope, but i am not touching anything with windowws
nor me, i am a meego/maemo fan, not a nokia fan.

they make nice hardware, but so do lots of others.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
nor me, i am a meego/maemo fan, not a nokia fan.

they make nice hardware, but so do lots of others.
I'm not a fan of anything - other than HW keyboard and high res screen. A device also has to be cool and good quality. So far Nokia is the best. So if Nokia comes with ANYTHING with HW keyboard and hires screen, it will be mine

I believe they keep MeeGo around for the same reasons they pump out wonderful prototypes they never will even consider making in real life... As an exercise to help their employees think outside the box (without actually having any plans of ever moving out of the box for real).

I'll re-evaluate Nokia if/when they come out with another phone in the portable computer niche. Until then, I solemnly swear I'm up to no buy.

I'll be a reluctant Android user in a couple of days.

BTW, I'll bet you a rhyme of 8 lines that Nokia will have good (bittersweet) MeeGo/Harmattan reviews before they get any good Windows Phone reviews. MeeGo may not be ready, but neither is Windows Phone. And Nokia has a lot of refocusing to do before they're Windows Phone experts.

Tags
bada rox, meego rip