Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I can't understand anything from Nokia theses days:
Qt yes, Qt nope...
S40, Symbian, MeeGo, Windows Phone 7...

http://mynokiablog.com/2011/02/22/vi...hip-this-year/

I really like my N900, but I don't think I would buy any more Nokia devices until they have a clear vision (and execution) of what they want to do with open source and Qt.

It would be very funny if they finally launch a MeeGo device before a Windows Phone one.

Last edited by ivgalvez; 2011-02-22 at 10:11.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
I don't trust Nokia, but if they release a Meego device and it is decent I will probably buy it after it has proven itself. I won't assume they'll be fixing anything after release, so if it has problems I can't live with I won't buy it. And also if, as rumoured, the device doesn't have a keyboard, I probably won"t buy it because I love having a real keyboard on my N900. I'm not in a rush to upgrade, I can see myself living with my N900 for at least another year, but its limited RAM (if nothing else) means I'll want an upgrade sooner or later, just so long as it is suffciently like an improved N900.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I would also wait if it doesn't have hw keyboard.

Another feature I'd like to see before any upgrade is a resistive multitouch screen, best of both worlds.

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
If it has the hw keyboard, I am getting it. Is one of my favourite features on the N900. I am hoping that it will also have the latest SoC in it (at least A9s).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StefanL For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I've said this once before but I'll say it again. No more Nokia for me. Well, at least for the time being. Finnish-company my ***, I don't really like them anymore since what they did to MeeGo. Believe it or not but now the old CEO's would be better choice for Nokia than the current one. It's odd to admit it but I miss Vanjoki. Bring him back and maybe then I'll buy Nokia's MeeGo-phone, if they ever will make one.

So far I'm looking for WebOS from HP. Otherwise it's going to be Intel and Aava for MeeGo-phone.

Please note : I'm not saying that WPh7 would be bad, I'm not just interested in it. Same goes for Android, those do not meet my expectations and Bada is not live yet, as far as I know.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
If things go to plan I think we will see a MeeGo device this year.
Problem is, with M$ clanking around in the engine room, will they stick a spanner in the works and demand a crippled release to scuttle the Good Ship MeeGo in favor of pushing people onto WP7 devices. Remember, M$ hates open source and Qt and would want (read as "be desperate") to get WP7 to market in quantity, and they're not gonna do that if MeeGo turns out to be the killer O/S we're all hoping for.

When it does arrive, I'll certainly give it a good look. I've already got an upgrade path sorted, so I'm gonna be in possession of an N900 and the new MeeGo device when it happens. Should be an awesome combination, IMO.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
i hope it will be cool as maemo , and a battery that lasts for 3-4 days with GPRS or wifi always on ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teamer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
who'd trust Nokia now after all they did was killing each and every devices they created lol. Not me!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Grays, United Kingdom
I'm due a phone upgrade in August. If Nokia have launched a viable N900-alike Meego device I will get it. It will need Flash 10.x support and a hardware keyboard. Those are "deal-breakers" if not present.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hamburg
I would immediately buy a meego device from another company. But buying another device from nokia, treated half-hearted from the beginning, is nothing I'm looking forward to.

It's only sarcastic to use "meego" and "future disruptions" in one sentence.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mbo For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada bing, bada rox, bada rulez, bada suckss, bada sux, lam bada, lol @ bada, nokia defiled, science fiction