Notices

Originally Posted by microe View Post
It should install into /usr/bin/EFF. If it isn't there post to this thread and I will fix the package.
ok, now find it. Thanks!

Last edited by runner; 2010-11-09 at 18:23.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by microe View Post
Yes, I will put this into extras-devel once someone besides me reports success w/ the package. Hope BLIZZARD's Qt port is not far behind.
Cool Perfect!!! Thanks

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Glendale, CA
eff-1.4.2-1 has been uploaded to the autobuilder and has passed the autobuilder gate. It should be in extras-devel soonish.
https://garage.maemo.org/builder/fremantle/eff_1.4.2-1/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to microe For This Useful Post:
Sorry but i cant make it to work i'm a noob so pls help i've downloaded eff from app manager version 1.4.2-1 how do i run this? how do i scan for next free frequency?

Have some sort of headphones or wire plugged into headset jack. Then open the terminal and type in /usr/bin/eff

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by romiiio View Post
Sorry but i cant make it to work i'm a noob so pls help i've downloaded eff from app manager version 1.4.2-1 how do i run this? how do i scan for next free frequency?
Make sure that your headphones are plugged in. Open an xterm and then become root (I usually type "sudo gainroot"). Then type "EFF". It will walk you through the responses from there.

The Following User Says Thank You to microe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BLIZZARD View Post
DO THIS:
open xterm
type:
mkdir /home/user/bin
mv /home/user/MyDocs/<the path of your download file>
chmod u+x /home/user/bin/EFF-1.4.2
root
/home/user/bin/EFF-1.4.2

You need to do the above only once. The next time you want to run the EFF, just type:
/home/user/bin/EFF-1.4.2
I'm sorry for asking this noob question...but...if I downloaded the app thru Application Manager like all of other apps...where would be the path of my download file? :S

Sorry. I have been using unix for so long, I internalize all of this nonsense and forget that other people might not know where to look. The package will install the script at /usr/bin/EFF. It should be in your path. Become root and then type "EFF".

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
how much better it is to use the receiver than to use the builtin functionality for this purpose in the transmitter?

Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
how much better it is to use the receiver than to use the builtin functionality for this purpose in the transmitter?
.Thats my next project . I learn that after i made E.F.F.