Since I want to use TheOneRing I've gone looking into RTCOMM again and still can't get Yahoo to work. I've followed the steps here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=30013

As well as substituting the server IP and DNS entry from pidgin.

Does anyone have Yahoo working with RTCOMM on ITOS 2008? Please send or post instructions.

Thanks.
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww

Can't get Yahoo working either. Link-local, MSN & AIM all working.

Yahoo was working until the pager issue described at your link - hosts fix worked for a bit, then stopped.

Tablet installation as follows:

libpurple0 (2.6.3-6nix0)
telepathy-haze (0.2.1-2)
rtcomm-beta-os2008 (2.4-1)

No longer anything in my hosts file to affect RTCOMM setup.

Adium logs into Y! without issue so problem an RTCOMM issue - not caused by Yahoo account (had failed to log into Yahoo for long enough that account was suspended - reactivating did not get it working again on tablet).

If you get a fix please post...

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Obviously I'm interested in epage's TRO here as well.

I'll end up reflashing some time this week and post back if I'm able to get it all working correctly.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Does ANYONE have a working fix for how to get Yahoo working in RTComm for OS2008?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Anyone?

I'd love to be able to use RTComm for all IMs but without it working for Yahoo I really can't..
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Bulgaria
I've never used Yahoo chat, but since rtcomm supports jabber it should be possible to use with jabber a server supporting several transports, including yahoo. There are several such servers, for example http://jabber.belnet.be/.

Personally I prefer to have only one Jabber account that connects to all protocols I need. This is not only convenient (if I want to setup my chat on a new computer) but it also saves the battery (because the tablet connects with only one server).

Last edited by Fontus; 2010-05-14 at 14:40.

Originally Posted by Fontus View Post
I've never used Yahoo chat, but since rtcomm supports jabber it should be possible to use with jabber a server supporting several transports, including yahoo. There are several such servers, for example http://jabber.belnet.be/.

Personally I prefer to have only one Jabber account that connects to all protocols I need. This is not only convenient (if I want to setup my chat on a new computer) but it also saves the battery (because the tablet connects with only one server).
Do u think voice/video may work using this alternative? Since voice/video work with the jabber protocol if I remember.

Originally Posted by Fontus View Post

Do you think you could explain how you set up your Jabber to connect to all your accounts and ultimately RTCOMM?

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaygo333 For This Useful Post: