Something like IVA support, increased video bandwidth, or an mplayer based media player fits that middle ground of something that the casual user would notice but not be aware of. Casual users probably would notice a 3d ui. Although OpenGL for linux may be a possibility. Tex hasn't denied it outright. I'm surprised I didn't find this earlier: http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS6023095418.html

I knew that the chip is supposed to be able to use OpenGL 3D because of the PowerVR part. They use the same in chip in the N95, and it has some nice effects.

But I thought that video part of the chip isn't used in the N800 because of hardware limitations in driving a high resolution screen? (that would mean it is disabled in hardware, and not usable)

It could provide a good performance improvement. Would be cool

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Canada
Originally Posted by docnesh View Post
I would imagine there is probably one other person otherwise who would you be calling.
I use it for video conversations with family, but as of now quality of both video/sound is terrible and the PC user cant even set up their webcam properly.

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
ok what is this about and who is flavorpill?

http://www.nseries.com/index.html?CM...=campaigns,nyc
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ United Kingdom
Whatever it's about - there's a "Device Demo" team at Rivington Street, NYC tomorrow (22nd June) and the text says "This summer, keep your eyes open for the Demo Teams to learn about the latest Nokia Nseries releases" so there's always a chance they'll have some information on what's due out soon; I wonder if anyone can get there and ask them...

As for flavorpill, you probably need www.flavorpill.net for more details.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by proterra View Post
Hi Texrat your not posting under the name of Eduardp as well .... ?
No, I don't do the multiple account thing.

I've got it. Bluetooth headset support ... okay, no real reason to think that but it would be nice to have that if we have Skype support coming.

Based on the posts of Texrat's that I've read, I'm actually thinking it has to do w/ Java or VPN connections...though I'd probably rather have my original "guess"....

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2007 @ St.Petersburg, FL
i know i'd luv to see a2dp support

Why aren't the firmware contents made known? Does it have to be a secret?

I'd expect, with our poor maemo apps, that we as customers would be comforted with basic descriptions of upcoming firmware revisions.

I often find myself tossing the tablet into the "gadget drawer" rather than carrying it around. I don't have a love for it because I don't feel its getting attention from its creators.

They may be working their asses off, but as an end user... all I see is a poor RSS reader, clunky emailer, buggy text entry in Opera, choppy scrolling and mediocre video support.

Tell me its any other way. Its not. If I was assured (with specifics) that these things were being improved, and with a decent timeline I would be a lot more comfortable with my purchase.

I hate to vent constantly on these boards, but at least ITT users share my frustration. I wish I could come on here, as I do on the Blackberry forums, and chat happily about new programs and how great my device is. Its just not the case =/