Active Topics

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by rami View Post
Fargus please try again, it's working fine here
maemo.org
Error 404: Page could not be found.
The requested URL /community/brainstorm/create_solution/enhacing_sms_experience/ could not be found on this server.

Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:46:14 +0200

Think this is a mistyped URL later on in the thread, this link appears to work: http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...ms_experience/

Suggestion for Solution #3 - For Follow Up Flag

How about creating a To Do entry with a link back to the original SMS or possibly copying the information over to keep as self contained in case the original SMS is deleted.

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
I added Send to a group of recipients to the SMS brainstorm. Please vote up/down as appropriate.

Solutions 2 & 3 could be combined(I think should be) and still retain the same goal in mind?

Send to Calendar goal is rather obvious. Follow up, would you not want to make some sort of calendar entry or be able to setup a Note / Alarm? Calendar would be a great focus point, and should have SMS/MMS, Email, Notes, Alarm and Contact integration.

While in an MMS/SMS or E-mail, I click drop down menu and have additional options to "Create Event" "Create Alarm" & "Files" - Files can be Notes, PDFs, audio, etc.

Add an MMS Contact direct to Calendar even to a "With Whom" field or maybe into the Description, but make the Contact name interactive on event page so when clicked it goes to their info or when long pressed, menu pops up to call, find location, etc.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saudi Arabia
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
Suggestion for Solution #3 - For Follow Up Flag

How about creating a To Do entry with a link back to the original SMS or possibly copying the information over to keep as self contained in case the original SMS is deleted.
if I got you right, what you're suggesting is -more or less- Solution #2, "Solution #2: "Send to calendar" feature"

Originally Posted by Inacurate View Post
Solutions 2 & 3 could be combined(I think should be) and still retain the same goal in mind?

Send to Calendar goal is rather obvious. Follow up, would you not want to make some sort of calendar entry or be able to setup a Note / Alarm? Calendar would be a great focus point, and should have SMS/MMS, Email, Notes, Alarm and Contact integration.

While in an MMS/SMS or E-mail, I click drop down menu and have additional options to "Create Event" "Create Alarm" & "Files" - Files can be Notes, PDFs, audio, etc.

Add an MMS Contact direct to Calendar even to a "With Whom" field or maybe into the Description, but make the Contact name interactive on event page so when clicked it goes to their info or when long pressed, menu pops up to call, find location, etc.
i have to agree that 2 & 3 serve the same purpose up to some extent, but it leaves room for different preferences... what do you think Inacurate?

Last edited by rami; 2009-12-15 at 21:41.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
all of the solutions are good. so bring them all in.

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Just added another two new solutions to this brainstorm, I hope people will like it and vote. These are:

Solution #12: Add option to disable simley icons
Solution #13: Make selecting SMS recipients easier

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ DUBAI , UAE
just added

Solution #14: Disable or enable message threaded view

voting up/down is much appreciated.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Beijing
#15 in response to #9, syncing groups from mailing lists for SMS/IM