Notices

Originally Posted by titou1234 View Post
Thanks for the very quick correction.

I have installed it and tested it and yes the problem is solved ! I was always afraid to add a new entry, now I am reassured that I will not loose all my passwords.

Thank you very much
Great, nice to see the issue is fixed now.
Thanks a lot once more for reporting the issue.
And sorry for the long delay, somehow your post slipped my attention.

If you encounter bugs etc. you can always write an e-mail to me as well. That's not guranteed to not slip my attention, but I think chances are higher that I will recognize e-mails in-time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Philippines
is this a bug? after 2 days when i enter main password ,the program exits?;please any help about this.

Hi,

I just got the program from Nokia Store and it looks great, but I'm not able to import data from KeePass 2 - in KeePass I exported data to an XML file, then on the phone I tried to import it; I got to a tiny (Java keepassx?) display where I could select the xml file, but when I select it I get bumped back to the MeePasswords main screen and nothing was imported. Should I get the older version of KeePass?

Thanks!

Hi,

I need help. I've been using the app for a while and today it ran into a strange issue.

I opened the app, entered my password and logged in. Then I ''pushed'' the app to the background, opened a different app, and when I was done, I re-opened MeePasswords from the Launcher screen instead of opening it from the running applications screen.

It prompted me for the password again, I entered it correctly but it would not recognize my password anymore... Tried closing the app and restarting it, tried uninstalling and re-installing it but with no use!

Can anyone help me figure out a way to fix it or reset my password?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Bharateeyudu View Post
Hi,

I need help. I've been using the app for a while and today it ran into a strange issue.

I opened the app, entered my password and logged in. Then I ''pushed'' the app to the background, opened a different app, and when I was done, I re-opened MeePasswords from the Launcher screen instead of opening it from the running applications screen.

It prompted me for the password again, I entered it correctly but it would not recognize my password anymore... Tried closing the app and restarting it, tried uninstalling and re-installing it but with no use!

Can anyone help me figure out a way to fix it or reset my password?

Thanks!
Hi,

thank you for your feedback.

I am afraid that it is not possible to recover from this error.

In the meantime, I released version 2.0 of MeePasswords which, among other changes, implements a more robust storage mechanism as well as options for synchronizing your data with, e.g., your desktop. Note that this synchronization feature requires an e-mail account with IMAP support.
Unfortunately, I am (again) having trouble getting this into Nokia Store due to, imho, silly reasons.

MeePasswords 2.0 is, by the way, also available for BlackBerry (BB10) in BlackBerry Appworld.

Best regards,

Wonko

Last edited by Wonko; 2013-06-29 at 09:18.

Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
Hi,
I am afraid that it is not possible to recover from this error.
Thank you for the reply Wonko! I have a little bit of trouble understanding why it's not recoverable... Isn't the password saved on the phone in some format?

Can I not over-write that if I uninstall the app complete, and re-install it? It looks like not all files are deleted during the uninstall process... is it not possible to delete those files manually and be able to select a new password?

I really would like to use the app again, and like I mentioned, I NEVER changed the password!

Originally Posted by Bharateeyudu View Post
Thank you for the reply Wonko! I have a little bit of trouble understanding why it's not recoverable... Isn't the password saved on the phone in some format?

Can I not over-write that if I uninstall the app complete, and re-install it? It looks like not all files are deleted during the uninstall process... is it not possible to delete those files manually and be able to select a new password?

I really would like to use the app again, and like I mentioned, I NEVER changed the password!
Sorry, I didn't express myself clear enough.

What I meant with "the error is unrecoverable" is that it is not possible to recover the stored data, unfortunately.
You can get MeePasswords working again by deleting the file in which the encrypted data is stored: /home/user/.local/share/data/.MeePasswords_defaultstorage/encrypted.raw
I am not 100% sure about the path right now as my cellphone just ran out of battery.

With the old version (< 2.0) you can manually create backups by copying this file, e.g., to something like encrypted.raw.backup01 or so.
The newer version (2.0 and onwards) automatically creates a backup after each successful decryption, from which, in case of an error, the last working version of the data can be restored.

Reason why it is not possible to restore the data is that your data is encrypted with a symmetric key that is derived from the password you enter. The password itself is not stored anywhere. It's just used to derive the key for encrypting/decrypting the data.

I don't know what is causing the corruption that leads to the error you encountered. In theory (tm), the encryption and decryption process should be stable.
I also experienced this error once. Which is the reason why I implemented a, hopefully, more robust solution.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to purposely reproduce this issue yet which makes it very difficult to debug.

Please excuse the inconvenience.

I am, right now, trying to get the new version into the store. I hope that this fixes this issue. Apart from this, the new synchronization feature is also useful to keep backups, e.g., on your desktop.

What I meant with "the error is unrecoverable" is that it is not possible to recover the stored data, unfortunately.
You can get MeePasswords working again by deleting the file in which the encrypted data is stored: /home/user/.local/share/data/.MeePasswords_defaultstorage/encrypted.raw
I am not 100% sure about the path right now as my cellphone just ran out of battery.
Wonko, that's great. Thanks a lot! Although I couldn't locate the MeePasswords_defaultstorage folder in that location, it gives me hope that I can use the tool again

Please don't apologize, I am grateful for the app, and any bugs are usually minor stumbling blocks. I am not so much worried about my data itself, because I keep it synchronized with my PC (not automatically, I manually update the database and import to the app when I make changes) in order to make sure I have redundancy!

I'll be looking forward to the new version. Thank you again for your work - very much appreciated.

Jfyi, the correct path to the storage file is:
/home/user/.local/share/data/MeePasswords_DefaultStorage/encrypted.raw

Edit:
This is for version < 2.0.
Versions >= 2.0 use a different path.
But you don't have to worry. Your data will be automatically migrated to the new version.
Hopefully, version 2.0 will be available in Nokia Store soon...

The Following User Says Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Jfyi, the correct path to the storage file is:
/home/user/.local/share/data/MeePasswords_DefaultStorage/encrypted.raw

Edit:
This is for version < 2.0.
Versions >= 2.0 use a different path.
But you don't have to worry. Your data will be automatically migrated to the new version.
Hopefully, version 2.0 will be available in Nokia Store soon...
Do you know if version 2.0 is available yet? I still don't see it in the store.