Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
The Elop Flop.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Now desktop computing is dying and Microsoft looses even more but thing is:

Google and Samsung is the new Evil after Microsoft and Nokia has loosed the market. Its just same **** different name.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Agree. Doesn't look for Nokia. But that is the biggest troll blog I've ever seen Not even I could do a better troll blog even if i tried for centuries.

These is an Anti-Nokia-fan-boy running that blog. Never seen anything good related to nokia from that blog. don't trust people that only just wright good stuff or only vad stuff. This ONLY BAD stuff. Nothing good comes of that. But sure it always good to see him crying

Isn't he an old Nokian?
I've been following that "troll blog" since the burning platforms memo, and the guy has been spot on every single time. If anything he underestimated Nokia's decline in some of his predictions.

My take on his writing is that he deeply cares about Nokia, and he couldn't be further from trolling.

Face it, Nokia is pretty much dead right now. The only thing that can save the company is fire Elop and the board, and start making phones running anything but Windows Phone. Android, BB OS, Sailfish, Firefox, ANYTHING but Windows Phone.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
just upgraded my old windows 7.5 to 7.8. It's a revolution

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Now desktop computing is dying and Microsoft looses even more but thing is:

Google and Samsung is the new Evil after Microsoft and Nokia has loosed the market. Its just same **** different name.
Because evil is all about open-source and giving you what you wanted? Clearly, you should stick with Microsoft and Nokia.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by cr0c0 View Post
I've been following that "troll blog" since the burning platforms memo, and the guy has been spot on every single time. If anything he underestimated Nokia's decline in some of his predictions.

My take on his writing is that he deeply cares about Nokia, and he couldn't be further from trolling.

Face it, Nokia is pretty much dead right now. The only thing that can save the company is fire Elop and the board, and start making phones running anything but Windows Phone. Android, BB OS, Sailfish, Firefox, ANYTHING but Windows Phone.

+1

10 chars

Originally Posted by cr0c0 View Post

Oh hai guise, long time no tea.

I agree on Tomi. His numbers show up as reality every time.

I think that it could save Nokia if they continued with the Asha branding in low end, and in mid and high end released phones capable of running ALL operating systems.

One phone; Nokia Inside, where YOU decide if you want Windows , Android or Ubuntu. Forward support for Windows to Microsoft, Android support from Google, or buy that support service from whoever.

^^,

Originally Posted by volt View Post

I think that it could save Nokia if they continued with the Asha branding in low end, and in mid and high end released phones capable of running ALL operating systems.

One phone; Nokia Inside, where YOU decide if you want Windows , Android or Ubuntu. Forward support for Windows to Microsoft, Android support from Google, or buy that support service from whoever.

^^,
The problem with that is MS do not allow it. All WP devices must ship with a locked bootloader. There was a time Nokia shipped a small batch of Lumia 800 with an unlocked bootloader but that quickly changed when they found out it was against MS's license. Now all unlocking has to be done with special hardware hacks.

Originally Posted by volt View Post

^^,
I might even consider such a thing! ...one of the better reasons why all my newest purchases have been Nexus devices with a clearly and intentionally unlockable bootloader.

Originally Posted by Cue View Post
The problem with that is MS do not allow it. All WP devices must ship with a locked bootloader. There was a time Nokia shipped a small batch of Lumia 800 with an unlocked bootloader but that quickly changed when they found out it was against MS's license. Now all unlocking has to be done with special hardware hacks.
Well, then that makes it clear. Dump Microsoft as the odd one out and service up EVERYTHING ELSE. Because, you know... look at the evidence... EVERYTHING ELSE is succeeding far better than this fetid Microsoft offering.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Because evil is all about open-source and giving you what you wanted? Clearly, you should stick with Microsoft and Nokia.
no because if google is getting to big the information is not free.

or more like this: if everything is routed google servers the future is like George Orwels 1984.

And thats unfreedom same as when every damn PC was runing Windows but worse.

But if you prefer sticking your head in the sand, and beleive everything is good with Google owns everything online, thats up to you.

Btw. Some people almost says Samsung OWNS Southkorea and personally I dont think its good in the long run for soutkorean people that a company owns them...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-04-14 at 17:14.

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha