Hell I'll be impressed if somebody does a moving average let alone real market analysis some of those drawn lines are terrible. Lumiaman can you at the very least admit that you were wrong. Admit the windows phone strategy failed badly after 3 years of you saying "just you wait, turning around the company takes time Elop made the right choice not using taliban phones"?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
So, now my numbers exist in five different posts, or would you like me to elaborate some more? Sorry if I'm a little rusty, I stopped spoon feeding my son almost a decade ago.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
A whopping 5%!!!! Daddy, you actually are splitting hair. Your numbers still go along with what I was saying. The stock kept sliding pre and post Elop at approximately the same rate. People had no confidence in Symbian and didn't have confidence where Elop was going. Bursts all those Tomi A lullabies how great Nokia was pre-Elop. Daddy, you need a time out.
But, no matter how you do the math, he DOES burst your own point that what Elop did would/could/did save the company from being any worse off by going Windows Phone.

Uh oh, facts too much for ya? Wouldn't it just be easier to admit that Nokia got Microsofted? And here we all thought Finland was smarter than that, but sometimes there's nothing you can do when the mob comes knocking.
But... but! Specc told me it wasn't so! Remember? In that old, closed-out Nokia stock thread (which, by the way, I think was a baseless and stupid thing to do to quash open discussion and speech--glad they learned or decided better this time):
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1872

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
+1
Fun to see the fighting
And so MUCH of it too!! Gonna need a bigger bag o' popcorn for this thread!

Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Hell I'll be impressed if somebody does a moving average let alone real market analysis some of those drawn lines are terrible. Lumiaman can you at the very least admit that you were wrong. Admit the windows phone strategy failed badly after 3 years of you saying "just you wait, turning around the company takes time Elop made the right choice not using taliban phones"?
He doesn't have to admit what we ALL knew. Even Balmer knows it deep down somewhere.

Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Cue View Post

I think you are missing my point. My point is simple: pre-Elop NOKIA has much to do with the demise of the company, just like preNewBB has much to do with current demise of BB. Neither adapted early on. That is my whole point.

Now here everyone bangs on Elop, when in fact they should be banging on Olli-Pekka, Tomy Looney Ahonen, and all the others that preceded Elop in making horrible decisions. Elop was NOKIA board tool. Everyone in business knows this, except few Tomi lovers on this forum. He is irrelevant and was there for only few years. As a matter of fact, I feel sorry for him. He has real work cut out for him to deliver more with Lumia line under MS.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post

But, no matter how you do the math, he DOES burst your own point that what Elop did would/could/did save the company from being any worse off by going Windows Phone.

But... but! Specc told me it wasn't so! Remember? In that old, closed-out Nokia stock thread (which, by the way, I think was a baseless and stupid thing to do to quash open discussion and speech--glad they learned or decided better this time):
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1872

And so MUCH of it too!! Gonna need a bigger bag o' popcorn for this thread!

He doesn't have to admit what we ALL knew. Even Balmer knows it deep down somewhere.

I think the jury on Lumias and WP phones is still out. They clearly could not deliver within short time frame, and I didnt expect them to. The duopoly will not be broken overnight. I think what happened is best. NOKIA doesnt have the money that MS has to push this battle forward, and in that sense Elop did not succeed. But just like you try to figure out the causes for why NOKIA failed, you have to look at the leadership failures prior to Elop. That is my whole point here.

I think you are missing my point. My point is simple: pre-Elop NOKIA has much to do with the demise of the company, just like preNewBB has much to do with current demise of BB. Neither adapted early on. That is my whole point.

Now here everyone bangs on Elop, when in fact they should be banging on Olli-Pekka, Tomy Looney Ahonen, and all the others that preceded Elop in making horrible decisions. Elop was NOKIA board tool. Everyone in business knows this, except few Tomi lovers on this forum. He is irrelevant and was there for only few years. As a matter of fact, I feel sorry for him. He has real work cut out for him to deliver more with Lumia line under MS.
Your cognitive dissonance is spectacular. The only simple point is this: Nokia was in dire straits and Elop made it worse. Once Elop took the reins, all the responsibility was his. How did he do? He single handedly killed the company in record fashion. That's his thing, or did you not read his bio? For Nokia to be purchased before BlackBerry should have been unthinkable.

That was a short honeymoon:

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-09-06 at 7.24.38 AM.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  21.2 KB

Microsoft-Nokia: No Surprise, No Knockout, No Kidding

Your cognitive dissonance is spectacular. The only simple point is this: Nokia was in dire straits and Elop made it worse. Once Elop took the reins, all the responsibility was his. How did he do? He single handedly killed the company in record fashion. That's his thing, or did you not read his bio? For Nokia to be purchased before BlackBerry should have been unthinkable.
And your tunnel vision is a sign of incredible narrow mindednes, not willing to look at causes. Olli-Pekka and Tomi like looneys single handedly killed the company. Elop is used as a scapegoat for Olli and Tomi looneys mistakes. Well done to deflect Finnish disaster on Elop.

Here's a decent read about an ex-Nokia insider:

http://www.afr.com/p/technology/next...Lp3mAutUO0ye0H

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Now here everyone bangs on Elop, when in fact they should be banging on Olli-Pekka, Tomy Looney Ahonen, and all the others that preceded Elop in making horrible decisions.
I don't think Tomi Ahonen made any mistakes there, AFAIK he's just some consultant, he's never been in Nokia board or management, has he?

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I don't think Tomi Ahonen made any mistakes there, AFAIK he's just some consultant, he's never been in Nokia board or management, has he?
He claims to have been an executive....

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha