Is wifi problem on Maemo or Meego?

reflash stock kernel and see whats what tbh

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Meego problem. I will do that and report back. But I don't think I changed anything else on the phone except installing one or two apps (nothing lowlevel, wordpress, weight graph and one or two similar apps)

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I reverted to nokia kernel in maemo and uboot-pr13 and the wifi problem in MeeGo remains. So it is obviously (it was pretty obvious beforehand too that a different maemo kernel should not have any effect on MeeGo, but it was the only change before and after the problem, and the only serious difference with my other device that already had the wifi problem so I had to give it some thought) not kp nor uboot related problem. I will ask again on the MeeGo CE thread. Thank you anyway for all the efforts.

EDIT: Sorry guys for the false alarm. When I was thinking what extra info I should include on the bug report for the wifi issue, it struck me what the only thing that was the same on the two devices while having the problem. The sim card. I removed the sim-card, and voila! Wifi available. (Funny thing is that with an older sim of the same carrier wifi works fine)

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-11-15 at 23:26.

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
News on power consumption problem ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Fabry For This Useful Post:
ive been using it with no problems with power consumption, ive recently had bad error consumption issues but thats due to me leaving my phone clocked at a 1ghz and bq2700 dicking up

Originally Posted by Fabry View Post
News on power consumption problem ?
it is problem with u-boot itself, not rx51 code. Somebody must find working version and then find commit which brings power consumption problem. can sombody do it? (al least find last working build of u-boot for rx51?)

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Hello guys I am learning making a boot.scr file and while trying to open some of them I saw this part
setenv bootargs vram=12M omapfb.mode=dvi:1280x720MR-16@60 mpurate=${mpurate} root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 fixrtc quiet splash
what does root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 mean? it's n900's home folder right? why is it root= ?

See kernel params: http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentat...parameters.txt

root command specify rootfs file system

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Hello guys I am learning making a boot.scr file and while trying to open some of them I saw this part

what does root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 mean? it's n900's home folder right? why is it root= ?
Because Maemo reassigns physical mmc0 (SD) to Linux mmc1, and mmc1 (eMMC) to Linux mmc0.