Active Topics

Yes I know what mmc0 and mmc1 is what I am asking is what does this whole line do? root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 not just part of it. I mean is what will it do if I put it on boot.scr and use with uboot

I got a feeling that it would map /dev/mmcblk0p2 as as root partition for the booted OS but I'm not sure that's why I asked.

Last edited by Radicalz38; 2011-11-17 at 11:42.

Originally Posted by pali View Post
root command specify rootfs file system
it will try to boot system from device /dev/mmcblk0p2 (mmc0, partition 2).

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
It means "Mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 as root filesystem and boot from it"

The Following User Says Thank You to Fabry For This Useful Post:
it is problem with u-boot itself, not rx51 code. Somebody must find working version and then find commit which brings power consumption problem. can sombody do it? (al least find last working build of u-boot for rx51?)
Or try less RX51 patches.
For example a lastest version without patch for eMMC support has the high consumption problem ?
If not it is the hw registry manipulation (to activate eMMC) which generates the problem

Got it thanks! Just as I thought. What made me confused about that command is it is used for Kubuntu mobile. The whole image is put on sd card which is an external card and should be /dev/mmcblk1p2 so I wondered why is it pointing on /dev/mmcblk0p2 yet it boots perfectly.

it is problem with u-boot itself, not rx51 code. Somebody must find working version and then find commit which brings power consumption problem. can sombody do it? (al least find last working build of u-boot for rx51?)
Pali I'm not that accurately sure but it was your first u-boot version that worked for HW 2204 that is stable I think. next update I did was already on kp49 with new uboot and power consumption issue arised. Never documented it since I thought it was some devel apps I installed. But after reflashed never tried reinstalling it again until now

Hi Pali! A friend of mine did lookup on the power consumption issue from her n900, tested every commit from git and said that uboot power consumption was ok before this commit.

https://gitorious.org/u-boot-shr/u-b...21b2046d4e000f

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Hi Pali! A friend of mine did lookup on the power consumption issue from her n900, tested every commit from git and said that uboot power consumption was ok before this commit.

https://gitorious.org/u-boot-shr/u-b...21b2046d4e000f
Are you sure if it is this commit?
Code:
include/twl4030.h: Add power bus message definitions
* Code from linux kernel: include/linux/i2c/twl.h
This commit only add some #define to headers file which are never use in this (and before this) commit.

A supposition :

This header adds value definitions (#define) used by other u-boot sources.

If the #define are missing the source code does nothing (or uses default values) but if the #define are present then they are used during Hw config and some of these #define generate misconfigured Hw

Originally Posted by Fabry View Post
A supposition :

This header adds value definitions (#define) used by other u-boot sources.

If the #define are missing the source code does nothing (or uses default values) but if the #define are present then they are used during Hw config and some of these #define generate misconfigured Hw
I know twl4030 part of u-boot source code. And this new definitions are not used in u-boot. I added it because in next commits I need use twl4030 regulator for enable eMMC...